Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
shubhamm
My Device: Dev Alpha C

Dev Alpha C will be disabled ?? or we have to return it ?

HI i am getting dev alpha c from blackberry i have provided them shipping information but i am thinking does we have to return the device back to the blackberry after few time or it will be disabled and we will have the device

Thanks

Contributor
pkochubei
My Device: Playbook 2.1

Re: Dev Alpha C will be disabled ?? or we have to return it ?

Perhaps Dev Alpha C off June 30, 2013. And it must be sent back to the BB.

Contributor
shubhamm

[ Edited ]

but i read the terms and condition again and i don't think there was something like disabled on 30th June and we have to send it back.. :smileysad:

i will get dev alpha c in mid april as they are saying i will have only 2  months for developing it's not right

Upon the expiration or termination of the Test Period, You will immediately discontinue all use of the Alpha Product and return the Alpha Product in accordance instructions provided by BlackBerry. Title to the Alpha Hardware remains at all times with BlackBerry.

Contributor
pkochubei
My Device: Playbook 2.1

I have the same situation. I also do not like this aspect of the rules of BB. May still change their minds and allow developers to keep it forever.

Developer
witmen
My Device: Bold 9650

If they don't let us keep it, I hope they give us an opportunity to trade it in for a full qwerty device that we do get to keep.

I plan on using my LE Z10 similar to how I used my Dev Alpha. To me its a development tool that will help me create and tests apps for the full screen device. I would love to have a qwerty device to keep and use the same way. If we trade the C in and don't get anything back, than I might be forced to focus on nothing but full screen apps.
Contributor
shubhamm

Let's hope they will give a trade up program for Dev alpha C also because we will only have the device for 2 months approximately...

Developer
DueNorth
My Device: Dev Alpha

I am hoping that we will receive it earlier than 6-8 weeks. That way it would give us more time to develop.

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

The deadline can be extended.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900

I would hope they would offer a trade-up program for Q10, either free or at a discount. :smileyhappy:

Anyway, let's prepare ourselves, by starting to make our existing apps supporting Q10 and writing some new ones. 

Trusted Contributor
246droids
My Device: Playbook

Doing the same.