Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

DevAlpha Custom expenses

[ Edited ]

I don't know email address to whom i should write about this problem.

I live in EU and i received  DevAlpha for AllAboard portathon as reward. Problem is, that price in declaration of shipment is not 0USD, as it should be, it is instead 550USD. Now, customs in my countries are killing me literally, and for device that i should trade up for real device. Than i also should pay custom expenses when i receive actual LE edition device!  So, i shoud pay customs twice! Please, put value to 0USD on invoice when you are shipping DevAlphas! Its not fair to us developers from outside US & Canada, at the end we will not get free device, when we summ two customs expenses it will be very much paid device.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Re: DevAlpha Custom expenses

Same problem here mate (f******** macedonia). I got PB and Dev Alpha, arrived yesterday but stuck at customs. Declared value is $700. How much you need to pay for it, here fees are ~18% ?
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex

Don't know yet, i'm in process of negotiation with customs. On mine there si value 550USD, how could it be that you have 700USD value DevAlpha?:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg

I was rewarded with PlayBook and Dev Alpha from got game event, so shipping department probably added the value $150 for PB + $550 for Dev Alpha. I'm totally broke this month :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg

Dev Alpha is not even a phone, but it'll be processed as one because the law doesn't understand that this device is property of RIM and it's given to us as developer device loan and must be returned back within month or two. Plus, fees for phones are higher than other products.
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex

I payed custom for Playbook which i receive year ago as reward 42EUR. Also, instead of 0 USD in declaration, they put 350USD. I dont undesrtand, in email confirmation with Fedex tracking number, clearly they said value is 0USD, and on declaration which came with device 550USD.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex

@borceg, I'm from Slovenia, i guess we are f.... big time with this customs costs.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg

I paid 60 euro for PB that I received as reward in February 2012(declared $350), another 70-80 euro for other PB in March/April 2012(declared $450). The only way to avoid customs costs is declared value should not exceed 45 euro (as stated in country laws) but that will probably involve some crime related issues at RIMs side, because false declaration is crime.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I think you best contact some people at RIM, maybe they can contact the customs to clarify everything. But it looks weird that you have to pay for a mobile Dev Alpha device that doesn't even have a price tag?
Contact email: clientcare@brandalliance.com

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
fullfat
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wifi

mine doesn't need to pay custom. I am in Canada.

Please use plain text.