Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Developer Relation woes :(

So it looks like I won't be getting a Verizon phone after all.

I opened an App world account back in January and shortly after that I sent them my personal information along with my app on the same email(mistake #1)

Since then, I never received any account info. On April 12, I sent Developer Relations an email about my App World status and how I won't be getting a red LE device, but an off the shelf Verizon device from another email from developer relations. In a return email several days later, she explains that they will only ship them out mid April. I'm fine with that, but I haven't received any info on my account. I assumed everything was fine. (mistake #2)

A little over a month, I sent another email about the status of my app and I received an email that the program was over and the phones were already shipped! I was speechless. With several emails back and forth, she tells me that all I have to do is re-send my personal info again and resubmit the same app since it was on file that I filed for a new account and filled the developer trade in form all within the time frame. It took me several days to get it all corrected with blackberry as it took me a while to understand the proper procedures of opening an account, then sending the personal info, then waiting for account approval,and then submitting a new app then waiting for app approval. :Online2long:

So I finally send her another email and now she says it's too late to get a device. And she wants proof of the original email I sent to blackberry with my personal info. This is after she says all I have to do is do the approval procedures over. I searched and I simply didn't save any emails passed the April time frame. Not even the original emails from Blackberry asking for personal info in January.

I have run out of options here. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? The app I have sent is on version 1.3. The original is 1.0 back in January. I continued to work on it all this time. Maybe that was a mistake as well.

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Developer Relation woes :(

You need a Dev Alpha A/B to qualify but I see no mention of having one in your post

If you have one PM me and I'll advise you to how to proceed

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz

Yes, it's an Alpha A that I received in August of last year in NY. I have tried updating it with no luck. I have read that's it's an obsolete unit for testing. I even have asked Dev Relations for me to send it back to them with no exchange simply because it's their unit.

Thanks,

Cozz

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox

Provided you got an acceptance from BB before 28th Feb (midnight) for an app you are defo entitled to a device

First port of call assuming you qualify is DevRelations@blackberry.com

I know they have had some issues with qualifying developers not getting their devices so just fire off an email to them - they don't bite

Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz

[ Edited ]

I have dealt with one person directly form developer relations and I don't wish to step on anyone's toes by talking to someone else.

I have an email saying...

I have looked at your status for the LE device in the system and you did not qualify as we could not find your app to test it.

You provided App id xxxx and App name xxxxxxx.

If you wish to be re-considered please re-register.

Thanks,

So my info did go through along with my app but then my vender was locked out on a later date because there was an error with it. I assume.

and...

Hello,

Please ensure the Limited Edition device you did received is re-packaged with ALL accessories as you received it.

I will have the warehouse contact you for an exchange.

Thanks,

xxxxxxx

I get an all clear after fixing my personal information with Blackberry. I also get an update that I will be getting the exchange. But only later to find out it was all a mistake. It's like I'm dealing with two different people. I already gave up on this. They want me to go through hoops and when I do it, they say something else. I'm somebody's joke at Blackberry.

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox

Simple questions - they do make mistakes..

1) Do you have an app in AppWorld

2) Is it BB10?

3) Was is submitted BEFORE midnight 28th Feb this year

4) Was the app accepted by BBW?

If so you are fine

One of my friends has a nice app that was transitioned for him - I had to fight a little to get him his Z10 but everything worked out - his wife wants the Z10 cos of the damned colour :smileyhappy:

I don't see an issue if you satisfy the above criteria - just contacy DevRelations@blackberry.com with ALL details and you get a big sorry and a device

Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) No

They locked my account after I sent the app in. Not before but after. And since then, no one can give me a straight answer as to why. I had to send my personal info again to unlock my account. But now it passes the Feb. 28 deadline. This is the grey area that I'm stuck on. I have sent an email to devrelations@blackberry.com to see what else I can do.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox

Mail BBW or a mod

I believe you've blown your rights to an LE as they just ended the offer

PM me your rejection so I can advise you properly

Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all the help peardox. For some odd reason, I can't seem to find any mod list anywhere. Normally you would see the list of them at the bottom somewhere but nothing. Also, I recieved an email today stating that my info was/is being sent to another person who handles the device programs but she is on vacation for the week. Maybe something will come out of this. Who knows. 

Looks like I'll be headed to the NY JAM in July 23rd. Maybe I can talk to someone there. I'll be sure to print out all my emails about this just to see the confused look on their faces.

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chaitras026
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

try to mail to blackberry developer relations they defiantly helps you.

Please use plain text.