Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
nasiraftab
My Device: Alpha
My Carrier: Estaslate

Device Pin Blocked

[ Edited ]

I am facing this message.

My IMEI: {REMOVED}

My PIN : {REMOVED}

Unable to contact BlackBerry service.

Please contact service provider for assistance.

Please tell me What I need to do..

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Device Pin Blocked

As it says, you will need to contact your service provider.

This is, most likely, indicating that there is a problem with your sim.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThierryGrellier
My Device: dev alpha
My Carrier: elisa

Crosspost of one of the many threads (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Device-Pin-Blocked/td-p/2496829/highlight/fals...

Same issue, with a developer edition. Same country as meesmuiste, Estonia (member of Eurozone and Skype country,,, I see that other people have this issue for months in belaruss, Viber country... but still shown finger to by blackberry so that no carier support is expected, no blackberry world whereas the cariers are all subsidiaries of nordic providers which supports Blackberry).
So I called the number you mentionned above, got as a response that I shall pay 39$ to get access to their support. I don't accept this.
My answer, is that I prefer then stopping any further development.
Will just try to get something done under simulator because I've already invested quite some time on native development and I'm not that far from being ready, but will publish untested on device and without the tutorial videos I intended to do,  and forget the platform and for sure won't buy the z30 whereas I was stiill caressing the idea.  Sad I liked the experience of the phone.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Wow. Why haven't you searched the developer forum for this issue and actually taken the advice offered here rather complaining that no one has resolved the issue for you, ON THE FIRST thread you've posted on this issue.

Yours was a free device from the Developer section, don't you think you should check first, from where you received the Dev Alpha. And, it would help if you noted exactly which Dev Alpha device you have. There are three different models.

Your threats and promises to quit developing are pretty childish.

You will note after a search this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-Limited-Edition/Warranty/m-p/2617821#M7227

As noted above, if you have a hardware issue with an LE, you can email btsdevalpha@blackberry.com to report it and get a case number.

Also note that as of July 1st, 2013, we are no longer supporting Dev Alpha A, B, or C hardware, so if yours stops working, emailing Support won't help you. There's nothing they can do and no more replacements available.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Melanie Baker
Community Manager, Developer Relations
mebaker@blackberry.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThierryGrellier

ok, you may find it childish. but, 1 vocal person means 10 silently going away. I've read the forum before posting extensively to avoid noise. And i find about many persons having the issue, even when traveling and then going from the same processes with no results for months. It really question the will of a company to meet business needs even when contrary to All other platforms, countries are denied service. No the phone didn't came for free. For example i've spent the last month developing for the blackberry platform instead of another. this is far more then the cost of a phone. And buying the phone would be useless when i'd be anyway denied service. so 1 month work to see what that blackberry is even not able to whitelist a developer edition phone and then charges quite a premium even not to,resolve the problem that it created: yes i'm screaming frustration in front of amateurism. Maybe it is childish to you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

Did you email btsdevalpha@blackberry.com about this problem?
What did they say?

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Zmey wrote:
Did you email btsdevalpha@blackberry.com about this problem?
What did they say?

Interesting how the user completely avoided acknowledging that... probably because it doesn't fit in with the likely fact he's here to rant and not seek help.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
drPetr007
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: none

I have the same issue, and I have project and my customer paid money for development, but I can not move forward, because my DevAlpha B is blocked remotely by BlackBerry team...
Also, send email to btsdevalpha@blackberry.com in answer is that
Please note that we are no longer offering support or replacement for any of the Dev Alpha A, B, or C devices.
If you do not have a Dev Alpha device please forward your request to the following location:
For support requests related to Limited Edition devices, please email btsdevalpha@blackberry.com.
For questions related to the Limited Edition Trade-up program, please visit the FAQ or post your question on our Developer Forum.
For any other questions please visit the Developer Forum or email jamzonesupport@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
drPetr007
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: none

So no support  if developer has BlackBerry DevAlpha B ? But this devices was sent just 3 month ago....that happend in BlackBerry ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThierryGrellier

So after few loops. Here is my state of understanding of the issue:
- using a sim card ENFORCES having a blackberry data plan (BIS) event for BB10 devices.
- Estonian carrier don't provide BIS and app world is not supported in Estonia.
Thus in estonia, the z10 shall only be used with wifi because it is impossible to subscribe to BIS.

Yet I was using it with a sim card since June with no issue. And the device pin blocked only popped up during an app test session on last friday. Thus the device pin has probably been blocked by Blackberry because of no BIS, (I was also using a leaked OS because no provider blackberry support means no updates... so can't be 100% sure of block cause).

My trouble is that even with removing the simcard, after factory reset of the OS or installing a 10.2 from the developer site dialog, I'm hitting the Device Pin Blocked and point to emergency call, whilst the blackberry support told me the device is marked as active on their side.

I've spent about 2-3h with various BB support crew with various experiences at this number (+441753558400) found in the forum.

My guess is that I may be able unlocking the phone, if I can by any chance insert a simcard which has a valid BIS data plan. But not much luck finding this where I live. There is a thread where a traveler more or less managed to recover his phone after using a simcard from a country he was visiting with no BB support.

I could also take my luck with the incident support from blackberry with an upfront 49$ fee (http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.html). But why bothering?

This BIS commercia strategy is REALLY hard to understand when inconsistent with a WiFi policy, and I can only see it as a cause to run away from BB devices. But this is not the topic.

So I will temporary churn to another smartphone I already had that would let me enjoy my provider data plan for personal use, although missing the hub and keyboard, and forget about the z10 or z30 as I couldn't use it. Any buyers?

As far as development is concerned, I will now focus on android where I can find HDMI/MHL/miracast connectivity to prepare app demonstration to investors. But because app development state, BFB label hope and 10K reward, I will complete under the simulator the development before giving up on the platform.

Please use plain text.