Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Do I need to reapply for the Trade Up?

Hi,

I submitted my app on January 21, right before the (original) cut-off, and applied for the Trade Up offer after submitting. However, I didn't realize that I should have (or could have) waited until AFTER my app got approved to apply for the trade up, and now that I've received approval (with no email notification by the way, I just logged into the vendor portal and was happy to see it there), I'm wondering if I need to reapply for the trade up program. Or is my application still sitting in the queue somewhere and will be re-reviewed accordingly.

Let me know, I don't want to bombard you guys with requests :smileyhappy:

Thanks!!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE

Re: Do I need to reapply for the Trade Up?

It should be in que!!u are safe :smileyhappy:
Developer

Thanks. Can a BlackBerry employee confirm this please?
Developer
My Device: Z10

http://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_limitededition_process.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer

Thanks again for the reply, however I've seen that page already. What I'm asking is if the original app I submitted needs to be resubmitted because it was not "qualifying" at the time (as it had not yet been approved). The timetable doesn't apply in this case and I would need to resubmit. Thanks for your help regardless.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Another question would be, I suppose, whether BlackBerry will notify me of a non-qualifying app.

Developer

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

To answer your first question. Normally your app will be tested again for the LE Trade-Up. I am not completely sure though, but I read this in some other threads.

Maybe Blackberry should have indeed mentioned the case when your app wasn't approved. Maybe just a little side note would have been nice in that case. That would have helped a lot of people I guess :-)

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter