Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
namit2013
My Device: Z10

Do I qualify for Limited Edition

Hi,

I'm a developer who recently started developing for Blackberry.

I have iPhone apps that I'm remaking using the BB Cascades environment.

I don't have any of the Dev Alpha phones. I was also making a new NFC sharing app and I can't test my app without actual hardware and Blackberry isn't releasing the Z10 in US till late March.

If I submit my apps and get them aproved to the appstore before Feb28, will I qualify for the Limited Edition Blackberry10?

Regards,

Namit

Developer
lastone
My Device: Not specified

Re: Do I qualify for Limited Edition

[ Edited ]
No. You need a devalpha + an app submitted to blackberry world before January 21 to tradeup with Limited Edition device. Feb 28 is deadline to fill tradeup devapha form. Your app must submit before Jan 21. If you not have a devalpha, no way you will get a LE device.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Developer
PrnvKP
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE

I am afraid you are wrong.First of all the Limited Edition tradeup only possible if you received a dev alpa A or B prototype device,The deadline for submission of an app for the trade is February 28th you will have time till Nov to register for tradeup.

Developer
lastone

Feb 28th is date for resubmission app.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
Developer
PrnvKP

No as mentioned by Alec Saunders in the JAM Europe session you have time till Feb 28th for first submission and March 31st for resub if any
Developer
lastone

thanks for info update.

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Applications initially submitted after the end of the Offer Period will not be eligible. Participants will be permitted to resubmit their Application one (1) time if it is not approved by BBAW. Any such resubmission must be submitted to the Vendor Portal by 11:59:59 pm ET on February 28th, 2013.

Developer
PrnvKP

February 28 date only applies to when applications need to be submitted to BlackBerry World. Once it’s submitted and tested you will have until March 31 to modify it if it fails the first time.

Regular Contributor
namit2013
My Device: Z10

Sorry I'm getting confused here. I submitted a simple app built in cascades SDK yesterday. Assuming the app gets approved before 2/28 , am I right in believing I still won't qualify for the red Z10 because I don't have a Dev Alpha device??
Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha

Yes...
Unfortunately You are right, no matter how many apps you submit and get approved, you won't get BB10 as you previously don't own any dev alpha device.