Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ph03n1x
My Device: Z10/ Playbook 64gb

Re: Do I qualify for Limited Edition

Yea you need a dev alpha to trade in to qualify for one unfortunately

Regular Contributor
jPush
My Device: No device

My 10 apps are "up for sale" since 13 Feb but as of today i dont have any dev alpha device ..

but participated in http://devworx.in/contests/blackberryapp/ so i will get one of dev alpha devicenit sure about when in march / april.. so what is last date to apply for trade up ?

(Sorry for re posting)

Contributor
bobbydriscol
My Device: Playbook, 9670, 9800, 9350

As I understand it, the important idea is that the application is submitted by the deadline.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.5 Participants may submit as many Applications as they wish during the Offer Period; however, there is a limit of one (1) Device per Participant. Applications must be submitted using the Vendor Portal by the end of the Offer Period to be considered for the Offer. Applications initially submitted after the end of the Offer Period will not be eligible. Participants will be permitted to resubmit their Application one (1) time if it is not approved by BBAW. Any such resubmission must be submitted to the Vendor Portal by 11:59:59 pm ET on February 28th, 2013. Sponsor reserves the right to extend this deadline at its sole discretion and, in such a case, will advise the participants directly by email or by posting a notice on the Website. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. The Sponsor's server will be the official time clock for this Program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in theory you can submit the form once you receive your Dev Alpha PIN number to the site, but be aware that there is this note as well:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.7 There are a total of 12,000 Devices available for distribution under this Offer and they will be distributed while supplies last on a first come first served basis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the supplies are limited.

The key qualifiers are 'App Submission before Feb 28th, 2013', 'Dev Alpha Device to trade in", and supplies sufficient to satisfy your request. On one form site there is some statement around a December deadline for the trade in but that's not a representative of Blackberry that says that so it's just a conjecture.

The only note I see on the restriction of time is that it isn't necessary to submit the trade in form by the Feb 28th deadline:

Dev Alpha Limited Edition Process

(at the bottom of the graphic this statement is made: "*Registration is not required by Feb 28th, 2013" and "Register any time after submission" is the statement that the asterisk refers to).

Hopefully this helps.

Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

bobbydriscol wrote:

So in theory you can submit the form once you receive your Dev Alpha PIN number to the site, but be aware that there is this note as well:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.7 There are a total of 12,000 Devices available for distribution under this Offer and they will be distributed while supplies last on a first come first served basis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the supplies are limited.

The devices are numbered and specially manufactured, so there is no chance that they will make more if they run out of the 12,000, but there is no practical chance that they will run out, because there aren't enough Dev Alpha devices out there to exceed the number of Limited Edition devices.

Contributor
bobbydriscol
My Device: Playbook, 9670, 9800, 9350

Thanks for the reality check neilwick -- yes I read there were 7,500 Dev Alpha A/B devices distributed by November 29th 2012 so there's a slim chance that the devices will run out (I'm not aware of any numbers that have been sent out since the formal statement).

Regular Contributor
jPush
My Device: No device

so i can safely apply after 2 months also since my 10 apps are up for sale on 13 feb .. am i right ..?

Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

Yes, they've said you can apply for the trade-up "anytime." The crucial thing is that you have a Dev Alpha and you uploaded an eligible app before 11:59:59 pm EST on February 28 (today). I think your app is supposed to be put up for sale immediately when it is approved, but I may be confusing that rule with another promotion.