Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
rherfurth
My Device: Z10

ETA Questions...

As time is drawing to a close...

I had submitted my app last Thursday, and forgot to hit the 'submit for review' button.  Anyway, Monday first thing in the morning I did this.  

How long did it take for the review, that the app is accepted to AppWorld?  My apps is somewhat basic, and will add new features in time as it is a hobby.

As well, I noticed it took a few days for approval for the Limited Edition BB10 device.  My concern is just we are coming down to the wire, I got reminded, but I am sitting waiting anxiously...not just for the device but the release on a whole!!

Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C

Re: ETA Questions...

Normally it can take day or two, but right now, it is much much longer because of portathons. Some people reports that their apps are in pending review state for a month. I have 3 apps, which are waiting on approval for 15 days.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Some of that post is unclear, but from what I can gather you want to know:

1. Review time: nominally up to about 10 days, practically more like 2-3 days lately, but depending on that app it can take longer. There are no hard rules.

2. Limited Edition: I believe you can apply for it as soon as you've even submitted your app, whether it's accepted or not, so go ahead. I don't think you've missed anything except the deadline for the 10K commitment which, from what you say, you didn't intend to try for with that app anyway.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
greatwiseone
My Device: 9900

I'm hitting almost 30 days for mine (submitted on Dec 22). The rules for the Limited Edition offer isn't clear as to whether an app that is denied and then resubmitted for approval AFTER January 21 would still apply. That's what people are concerned about with the delay in approval. If the app still qualifies even if it had to be tweaked for re-approval after January 21, it would give dev's waiting for approval some comfort.

Contributor
rherfurth

Thanks everyone, all the answers are what I was expecting.  

The staff in general has been really good with questions, even since I was using the HTML5 jQuery BB10 theme, the RIM developer (Jason Scott) has been helpful in providing tips.  

Might shoot off another e-mail with my concerns, on the Limited Edition Trade-up, you require a App ID which is assigned once approved unfortunately.  

Much appreciated!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Mel17
My Device: 9900

I can't comment on how long it will take for your app to be approved in AppWorld, however I can tell you that you can still use this application to register for Limited Edition as it will just sit in the queue until it's approved in AppWorld. You can also wait until it's approved as you can register for Limited Edition anytime as long as you are doing so with an application that was submitted to AppWorld by Jan 21st.

Hope that helps!

Contributor
rherfurth

Hi Mel

I didn't see it...but yes, there is a App ID, which I thought was missing until you were approved.

I will submit!! 

Much appreciated.

Rudy