Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
nemory
My Device: BlackBerry RED Z10
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: How many Dev Alphas you got? And how many you're going to return?

It's not really abusing the program in my case, since I just wanted to help BB10, I wanted to fill in their BB World with some of my apps, and during the port a thons I just won the dev alphas, and even in the chat window a lot of devs asked if what if we won another dev alpha again what should we do with it, then many RIM guys told us again that we can trade them all with an LE Device, that was really clear and I don't know if some of you who joined the Port A Thon will also remember that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Have 2 DA one I sent back a few weeks back, it was the one I got at BBJam.

The second I won in a Portathon. Actually @nemory I'm surprised you got 3 DA's from the port-a-thons. I would have qualified to receive a DA in all the port-a-thons but only received one for the first one I had qualified for. Did you use the same email for all port-a-thons?

I applied for a second trade up because I assumed that was the nature of the port-a-thon, if you meet a certain goal your basically winning a free BB10 phone. That was my interpretation considering the majority of people who would have won DA's in the port-a-thons would have already had one.

Having a second DA has been useful though. I sent my first DA back almost a month ago now if I didn't have a second I probably wouldn't have been developing as much.
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

@nemory also I find it weird that you got accepted for two LE devices considering people have already posted in this forum saying they had applications rejected on the basis that it was 1 LE per Dev.
nemory

Of course I'm just using 1 account and 1 email. Yeah weird too they accepted but no more for the other 3 DA. I just gaved my other DA since I only need 1.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nemory

Anyone also had multiple dev alphas? Only 1 can be replaced so what are your plans with the other ones?
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry is official owner of dev alphas so my company will return them. Otherwise all apps are owned by the company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

I don't think trading more than 1 Dev alpha is crime at all. They have received it only based on their submission of apps.

Also it is absolute false argument that because of some traded more than 2 LE's, others has to wait for it. I don't understand why people don't understand the delivery module. The delivery is based on region and it is wise to send all the devices in the same region in single go rather than sending the same person, more than 2 shippments. Even if BB have not allowed more than 1 LE per developer, I don't think other developers would have received the LE any faster than their decided date for that region.

Please use plain text.
Developer
n_jay144
My Device: Z10 Red, PlayBook, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Play

I found on commercial invoice that DA-B won in PAT is a gift for me. So,  I think, should be traded up for LE.gift.jpg

Please use plain text.
Developer
fantas
My Device: Limited Developer Edition

AGZ123 ha escrito:

Is there going to be a Q10 LE or are we gonna be able to trade a Dev Alpha C for the Z10 LE?

Nothing announced yet,

If i've helped you use the like button (KUDOS)!
Follow me at twitter: @hektorc
Read my blog: http://hektor.in
Check my GitHub: github.com/hektorcyc
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

A little joke: maybe we will keep it as Curve LE :smileyhappy:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.