Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
oleg_derevenetz
My Device: Z10, Q10

How to return DevAlpha back?

Hi all,

I participate in BB10 Limited Edition Trade-Up program, got e-mail from customerservice@brandalliance.com that my app was qualified to participate in this program, and filled up the form with shipment information (my address and so on). At the end of this process I got the order confirmation e-mail with confirmation number and so on, and in this e-mail was mentioned that I'll be contacted later to arrange pick-up of my return package with DevAlpha device. So far so good.

Two days ago I received e-mail from BlackBerry Customer Support notifying me that I'm eligible to participate in Limited Edition Trade-Up Program. I replied them, requesting shipment details to return my DevAlpha device (I got it on BB Jam event directly from RIM representatives), but got a reply: "If you received the device at a BB Jam event it is yours to keep".

So now I'm confused a little... Can I still get Limited Edition device without returning DevAlpha? Can I have both at the same time? Or I should return it somehow anyway? Can anyone clarify this for me a little?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: How to return DevAlpha back?

To exchange your Dev Alpha device for the Limited Edition, please allow:

• 1-3 weeks for the return of the Dev Alpha to be completed
  • 2-6 weeks for the shipping of a Limited Edition device (after launch)

You will receive notification once the Limited Edition device has been shipped to you with tracking information.

Contributor
oleg_derevenetz
My Device: Z10, Q10

So "it is yours to keep" in fact means "... to keep until shipment information for return of DevAlpha will be provided"?

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Wow, so we could be 3-9 weeks without a device. Is there a way to pay for a faster turn around?
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

I don't think so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

I don't think it is possible to pay to make it go faster.

You could of course do some developing on a PlayBook if the emulator is not good enough. The functionality is in most cases about the same as the Dev Alpha, of course with other screen dimensions and HW functionality . But I guess that for most apps it is sufficient to work with a PlayBook. That is the option that I will be using in those weeks without Dev Alpha. So if you are willing to pay for the speedup, you could pay for a BlackBerry Playbook.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter