Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
oleg_derevenetz
My Device: Z10, Q10

How to return DevAlpha back?

Hi all,

I participate in BB10 Limited Edition Trade-Up program, got e-mail from customerservice@brandalliance.com that my app was qualified to participate in this program, and filled up the form with shipment information (my address and so on). At the end of this process I got the order confirmation e-mail with confirmation number and so on, and in this e-mail was mentioned that I'll be contacted later to arrange pick-up of my return package with DevAlpha device. So far so good.

Two days ago I received e-mail from BlackBerry Customer Support notifying me that I'm eligible to participate in Limited Edition Trade-Up Program. I replied them, requesting shipment details to return my DevAlpha device (I got it on BB Jam event directly from RIM representatives), but got a reply: "If you received the device at a BB Jam event it is yours to keep".

So now I'm confused a little... Can I still get Limited Edition device without returning DevAlpha? Can I have both at the same time? Or I should return it somehow anyway? Can anyone clarify this for me a little?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: How to return DevAlpha back?

To exchange your Dev Alpha device for the Limited Edition, please allow:

• 1-3 weeks for the return of the Dev Alpha to be completed
  • 2-6 weeks for the shipping of a Limited Edition device (after launch)

You will receive notification once the Limited Edition device has been shipped to you with tracking information.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oleg_derevenetz
My Device: Z10, Q10

So "it is yours to keep" in fact means "... to keep until shipment information for return of DevAlpha will be provided"?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Wow, so we could be 3-9 weeks without a device. Is there a way to pay for a faster turn around?
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

I don't think so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

I don't think it is possible to pay to make it go faster.

You could of course do some developing on a PlayBook if the emulator is not good enough. The functionality is in most cases about the same as the Dev Alpha, of course with other screen dimensions and HW functionality . But I guess that for most apps it is sufficient to work with a PlayBook. That is the option that I will be using in those weeks without Dev Alpha. So if you are willing to pay for the speedup, you could pay for a BlackBerry Playbook.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.