Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
JCG01
My Device: Dev alpha
My Carrier: GOD

How to ship Dev alpha

I have my original box for the dev alpha bu i want to keep it for the record my question is, could ship the dev alpha device itself with NO BOX, NO CHARGER AND NO USB CABLE JUST DEVICE? some staff please answer.

Many thanks blackberry

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How to ship Dev alpha

[ Edited ]

I think you are unlikely to get an answer from staff as shipping is handled by a 3rd party company.

Others have written they have only shipped the phone.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

return the device and contents the way they were received that would be preferred.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

Yeah dude, if you keep the charger and usb cable you do so at your own risk!

That being said I have read on the forum that someone had sent only the DevAlpha in one of those larger grey envelops wrapped in bubble wrap. They said it was fine.

In my case I put all the contents back into the original box with some tape and the sticker over top. I think this is the preferred thing to do.
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I didn't return it in the same box as I received it in, because I don't think I have it anymore. So for that part, it isn't an issue.

I also heard other people not returning the charger, where it was accepted. So I don't think that is an issue either. Then for the USB cable, as far as I know there was no such cable in the package I received.

So taking it all in account, only returning the device should be sufficient I guess.
But returning everything is preferred.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
amanali
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Du

Alright guys I shipped my device from the United Arab Emirates and it was a very simple process.

You just need to find any small box that will fit the Dev Alpha Inside it. Add in some protection like bubble paper or whatever. If you have the Dev Alpha box, that's more than enough.

There is no need for the charger and the USB cable as on the UPS Invoice, Declared Items they've only mentioned the Smartphone with a declared value of USD 550.

Now as far as UPS is concerned, Just print out the Shipping Labels that Blackberry Developer Relations Sent you and carry any form of identification with you. The guy will make you sign a couple of papers, copy your id etc

Once all this done, Your box is kept inside a UPS Envelope and all the shipping documents are attached along with it. 

Thats it :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards,
Aman Ali
Please use plain text.
Developer
fantas
My Device: Limited Developer Edition
My Carrier: WiFi

Hope device is enough im sending mine today.
If i've helped you use the like button (KUDOS)!
Follow me at twitter: @hektorc
Read my blog: http://hektor.in
Check my GitHub: github.com/hektorcyc
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RezzaBuh
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: O2 CZ

I sent back the box I received but USB cable I couldn't find. I selected UPS Pick-Up and they sent me an email, that's not available in my location. Then I just tried it on the web - the guy came in a few hours, picked it up, just checked the shipping label. Nothing more (within EU) is needed.

Please use plain text.