Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: CMCC

Is BB going to ship used STL100-1 LE from EMEA to China?

In a recent development, BB has recalled STL100-1 LE devices from EMEA region to replace them with STL100-2 LE. On the other hand, hundreds of developers in China are waiting for their Z10 LE which will obviously be STL100-1 (as there is no LTE in China). 

So, I am concerned (and alarmed) how we are going to be affected by this recall. What will Blackberry do with all the recalled and used LE devices? Since they will not sell LE devices in the market, are they going to scrap them? Or, will they send those used devices to other developers?

Someone from BB, please clarify the situation.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Is BB going to ship used STL100-1 LE from EMEA to China?

BlackBerry would be better off delivering STL100-1 models to developers who reside in areas where the device and carrier do not have the LTE (4G) network band. Replace or swap STL100-1 devices to STL100-2 to developers that have carriers that support the LTE (4G) network band?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

They will send them to third world countries ( read countries that nobody cares about ) because scrapping them means waste of resources.
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: CMCC

ha ha ha... @borceg, I think it's okay to send Those devices with choice (either used LE or ordinary Z10) to the developers at the end of the line (12900+) . But sending those devices to those who are already waiting for their packages right now will be immoral and injustice. And sending them to China will be sort of racist.
Developer

I said, nobody cares about third world countries/developers. I'm waiting in emea (macedonia) since April 1st, but till today nothing.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

@borceg, you're not alone in EMEA waiting for a Z10 LE :smileywink: I sent Dev Alpha B device to BlackBerry in mid March (arrived on 18 March to warehouse)  :smileyhappy:

Developer

@meego_man, at least you got your DAC, and you live in Netherlands.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

@

Developer

^ Amsterdam, good economy, education, and everything else :smileyhappy:
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

I heard that BlackBerry is sending LEs in the order of when developers were accepted for the offer. Meaning that if you have recently applied, you will not be getting your Limited Edition Z10 anytime soon.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi