Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

LE Warranty

Surprise.  BB will not warrant the LE phones.  I've had my LE phone since JAM Amsterdam and have been pleased with it.  However, a few weeks ago, the top volume button stopped working.  Lower volume button worked fine and I can change the volume within the settings, but without the upper volume, one cannot take screen shots.  Big problem for developers. 

I asked for a replacement, and the word back that BB will not replace it because of the limited supply.

At this time we are unable to replace devices that are in a mostly working state. This is due to the demand for the devices and the limited quantity we have available.

Goes to show, there is nothing free in life.

At least they could do is replace it with a black phone.  I will miss the red, but a working phone is more important.

Does anyone know how to take a screen shot without the volume buttons?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew4Life
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: LE Warranty

I think they will allow replacement with a normal black Z10. Just not a limited edition one. And you probably will have to wait a few weeks because with the global launch going on last month and this month, supplies are probably stretched and they need to keep up with the initial pent up demand.

Wait a month or two. It's annoying, but hey, it was a free phone.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

well can't complain since its already free phone, again their are quite a few people that already accepted to trade in 3 or more phone for LE devices maybe thats why they are short supply and can't replace you. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm fine with a black phone, however, if they are going to provide a year warrenty on the device, they should have padded the number of LE phones knowing that some percent will have hardware issues, or just offer to exchange it with a black Z10. If this was a normal provider, could you imagine what a normal consumer would say if they said "sorry, your phone mostly works, so we are not going to exchange it".
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

b) Devices will be covered under a one (1) year warranty by Sponsor; if a replacement device is required, it will be replaced with another Device, if available. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute with a regular BlackBerry 10 L-series device if supplies of the Devices has depleted. 

It's in T&C about LE trade up

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AwesomeDev
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

JTegen - Did you get an update? Did they send you a replacement, and if so, who did you contact?

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

That would be a nice info for all 12000 devs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Telus

if it's just the buttons that are in an issue... the dev alpha buttons are the exact same so you might be able to talk them into a repair

Please use plain text.