Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

LE arrivals in the US?

[ Edited ]

Sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, but:  Given that LE's were being shown and apparently handed out in Amsterdam this week, does this mean that LE's are actually going to ship sooner than the "4-6 weeks after the Jan 30 BB10 launch event"?  Has anyone in the US returned their Dev Alpha and gotten a tracking number for an LE en route back to them?

I'm basically trying to minimize the time window that I'm without a test device.  If it's still going to be 4-6 weeks (actually now 3-5 weeks) before LE's are even being shipped in the US then there's only downside to returning my Dev Alpha right now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
witmen
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: LE arrivals in the US?

I've returned my Dev Alpha and the warehouse sent confirmation that they have it. So my last step is to wait for them to notify me that the LE Z10 has been shipped. That hasn't happened yet, but I'll be sure to reply to this as soon as it does.

I'm hoping it is soon, I'm currently without a device for testing and the PC I use for developing doesn't like the simulator at all. I fully realize how much of a help the Dev Alpha was, now that I no longer have one.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jelounge
My Device: Dev Alpha

they only handed LE to BlackBerry Elite member in Amsterdam. the rest of us just have to be patient

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aryanamoya
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

I too sent back my Dev Alpha and live in the USA.  I received notification on 1/23 that the warehouse received the unit back.  I was hoping that the devices would ship out earlier than the 6-8 weeks as they were given out in Amsterdam and unlocked Z10 models were distrubted at the global launch events. I will try to be patient but it's so hard when so many of my friends north of the border are enjoying theirs. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

I'll be glad to get rid of my Dev Alpha and get a real Z10 on my desk ASAP, because my Dev Alpha's keyboard has a mind of its own - an insane mind.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

I am certainly holding onto my DevAlpha for another two weeks. It does not appear as if devices are anywhere near ready to be shipped...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
jasoncheung
My Device: Dev Alpha

I was tempted to send my Dev Alpha back, but with the crazy wait and my need to keep on working on my apps, I'm not sending mine back until the beginning of March.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

I would have done the same, had I known that they would only be sending out the devices 6-8 weeks after the arrival of BB10. But I sent my device a couple of days after I received the mail, when they hadn't mentioned that they will take so long to arrive. I thought that the sooner I sent the Dev Alpha, the sooner I would receive my LE.. My mistake..

For those who haven't sent the devices a little math. Keep them another 2 weeks and it will be fine. Because it took my device 2 days (shipping) + 10 days (before I got mail that it was arrived at the office) = 12 days. So I would have sent my device 2 weeks from now (because we're already 2 weeks after the arrive of BB10). Though, you should keep in mind that probably a lot of people will do this, so there could be some delays. But even then, keeping your device another 2 weeks at least should be fine. Just saying :-)

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

I do appreciate all the gestures BlackBerry makes towards developers, but being deviceless for six weeks is kind of annoying.
-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SysOp
My Device: PlayBook | DevAlpha

I also agree that it is is really annoying for 6 weeks without testing device. 

Moreover, it says the LE won't ship until 6 weeks after the launch date. The Z10 is launched elsewhere but not in the US yet, so what date should I use to count? And thus when is the best / latest date that if I send back the devalpha, I'll get one of the earliest batch of the LE?

And by the way, should I also send the original box of devalpha back or just the bare devalpha device? (I know we don't have to send accessories back from the other thread.)

PlayBook App Manager
Please use plain text.