Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
kongee
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Digi
Accepted Solution

LE for Malaysia

[ Edited ]

As i predicted, it is held in CUSTOM! UPS said they cant contact me although my phone always on coverage. Luckily i asked Elsa for the tracking code.

18th Apr

10:10 - I have called UPS and waiting for the next instruction.

10:16 - Got a call from UPS HQ, waiting for import duty clearance form. Prolly I have to pay about USD 33.33 later.

10: 30 - Got instruction from UPS. I need to apply a permit from SIRIM.

10:49 - Sent an email to Sirim for permit application. now waiting

13:06 - Just done submitting all relevant docs to SIRIM. Now waiting for e-permit. Hope to get it today

will update here

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
fireball003
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: CMCC

Re: LE for Malaysia

Kongee, Thanks for the information. Don't know what will happen in China. I asked Elsa for tracking number several times, but she replied the same every time, "We are still working on it, will send it asap, thanks."  Maybe that means they haven't shipped it yet. 

I wish, I don't need to wait for the customs clearance and end up paying huge amount. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bdaemon
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

Kongee,

Wow, what's wrong with the shipment? From Hong Kong,to Taiwan, China,,...

ups Asia traveling?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mustafakamal
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: UM

In same situation.

UPS called. They will ask for your email to forward the SIRIM details.

Need to pay for the permit, probably around USD33 = RM100+

Luckily SIRIM is near.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN
My Carrier: WIFI

As my experience, you are in problem now.

Import liciense only for importer. Maybe they send batch / many devices in same time and customs think this is for sell.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN
My Carrier: WIFI

We should pay cost or will pay by BB?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mustafakamal
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: UM

Already got a reply from SIRIM, we need to pay rm100. I wouldnt say its a problem, happened to one of my friend previously which he bought a phone from online service and hold at KLIA for the same reason
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee
My Device: 9780

any phones imported into malaysia need to get a permit from SIRIM.

the permit fee is 100 MYR which is about 33 USD.

Dont think BBRY will bear the cost but we can try.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jameztcc
My Device: z10 LE

Instructions are vague and unclear from the HK/MY counterpart BB is using.

1. There is no notification / tracking id of the parcel into Malaysia for the device.

2. It is not clear what is being sent in from them, LE / dev C? 

3. Sirim form required information, none available from UPS MY/ENL e.g. serial number of device etc.

Question is why do we need to pay any import or whatever tax when this is a free item? To be honest and not putting anyone down/ BB, it's not nice to send something to ppl and then let ppl figure out what that they have to pay for the thing. 100RM can get a pretty decent made in China Android that runs wide range of google Play apps. And the cost of 'tax' doesn't include time, travel, petrol etc to submit the paper work on behalf of the shipper (isn't this what BB outsourced? This is bad PR).

Here's my copied and paste:

Please find below information from UPS HKG, UPS Malaysia customs broker, it instructs clearly how to apply for import permit which is mandatory for import into Malaysia.  Please also find the blank application forms.  

Please start immediately, otherwise, the parcel will be returned to HKG with two ways of the freight costs and handling charges / customs charge which will be a lot  higher than the mobile devices itself. If it's returned we will need to wait for Blackberry's confirmation whether we will resend or not.   FYI, so far you are the only recipient in Malaysia that haven't apply for the permit. So please kindly proceed immediately. 

Should you encounter any problem please contact UPS Malaysia customs broker for further instructions (Find in below email)

B.rgds

Elsa Lee

Excel Network Ltd (HKG)

James Tan
Eating my dog food - TripLogger, my 1st bb10 app.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jameztcc
My Device: z10 LE

Any tips how to apply for the Sirim all online? Or need to go down to Sirim somewhere? Am staying on the Penang Island.

Thanks!

James Tan
Eating my dog food - TripLogger, my 1st bb10 app.
Please use plain text.