Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN
My Carrier: WIFI

Re: LE for Malaysia

ENL suck, touchstone is better. They give tracking number after package sent, pay duty tax.

I am from Indonesia, latest devalpha customs charge usd 130.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jameztcc
My Device: z10 LE
My Carrier: Digi

dev alpha is a piece of **** still need to pay customs? Did you get it back (the $)?

I mean we got it free without charges in Singapore back then.

Agreed ENL sucks. Previous Playbook was a non-issue with the postman bringing the device to door AND tracking info.

James Tan
Eating my dog food - TripLogger, my 1st bb10 app.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdisplay

[ Edited ]

Duty tax (130usd) for DA charged to touchstone account and paid by BlackBerry.

So, if we need pay duty tax it self, maybe i must pay mpre than 150usd. i need move to singapore next year.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee
My Device: 9780

For my case, i m abit worried about shipping company in Malaysia. The work ethic is questionable but doesnt i m completely right. As to avoid mysefl from getting nothing at the end. So, I emailed to ELSA to ask for tracking code and she gave to me after i told her that i m worried the parcel will be stolen (which usually they claimed it missing parcel)

I called up UPS in KLIA and Shah Alam to track my stuff. Apparrently UPS staff are helpful as well as people in SIRIM. Jus ask what SIRM needs for permit, and what UPS needs for custom clearance.

UPS gave me 5 copy of stuffs for custom clearance and 1 authorization letter for them to represent me to collect the LE from custom. I didnt upload that letter because i was told not necessary since it is for personal use although i m using my company address.

Regardless free phone or paid phone (you bought online), you need to pay the import permit. It is stated in their policy and you cannot run from it. You give a try to email BBRY to claim for the permit if you want to. I will do that once i got my LE.

I have forseen this will happen and 2 months back i raised this issue to 1 of 2 Malaysian BlackBerry Elites. I asked him to suggest to BBRY to make a bulk delivery of LE into Malaysia rather than sending one by one to dev. The reason is to avoid this import permit stuff from happening on us. Unfortunately, nothing happen. Either he never pass my message or BBRY has appointed ELSA and her team to do the shipping earlier.

Rather than pointing fingers to BBRY or PR or Outsource Company now, we just need to work what is the best for us to make sure we get the LE. Talk nicely to UPS and SIRIM and they can help you. So, jameztcc, UPS and SIRIM are not accountable for the problem that you face now.

Anyway, once i got the LE, i would write an email direct to Alec Saunders about what i have said in here.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee

The reason why we got DA free in Singapore last year because we personally go collect it.

Any electronic that enter into Malaysia via POST, it will go through Custom and it's very troublesome to handle it.

I will type a walkthrough to deal with UPS and SIRIM. Give me some time.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jameztcc

Thanks kongee....

you are right, UPS/SIRIM is definitely not accountable. I am quite dismayed by ELSA and her team. Pretty silent on the matter and only last minute got the call from UPS asking me where's the permit .
Nothing from ELSA (ENL) about the manifest/invoice/papers to fill Sirim permit application form too. Very messy.

I will have to take your lead, any useful information very much appreciated.

James Tan
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdisplay

I am not understand too why BBRY/ENL send one by one LE to developer rather bulk delivery to their warehouse.

Are they not understand law in many APAC country?. Not all country in apac like HK and singapore.

And why we need request one by one to ENL for tracking number. All information i read from devblog, email say tracking number will be sent after package shipped.

Why tracking number important for me is my first devalpha stuck in customs for 3 month and finally stolen. BBRY ship replacement devalpha after that.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee

[ Edited ]

Walkthrough on how to deal with UPS and Sirim in Malaysia

1. UPS will contact you about your BlackBerry. They will ask for your email address so that they could forward those 5 documents to you + 1 authorization letter (can be found in one of my posts)
  2. In the email, you can find the SIRIM contact person name and phone number.
  3. Read the email content from UPS and follow the instructions. Call SIRIM if you have any questions
  4. Email the relevant documents to SIRIM at sirimepermit@sirim.my
  5. SIRIM will reply to you with 2 forms (registration form as permit applicant and registration form for your device). if you have 10 devices coming in, you need to fill 10 forms. Bank-in details are in the email too
  6. Next you need to bank in Rm100 per device for the permit fee in RHB Bank account SIRIM QAS Sdn Bhd.
  7. Then reply SIRIM with 2 completed forms, scanned copy of bankslip or screenshot, documents from UPS and remaining documents required by SIRIM (SIRIM listed them out in their email in step 5).
  8. Next you just need to wait SIRIM to reply you with E-PERMIT within 24 hrs.
  9. Once you get the E-PERMIT, forward it to UPS with authorisation letter and IC copy (make sure you cross it for UPS use only)
  10. Finally, just walk UPS to send the LE to your doorstep.

Sounds such a pain in the a** to do all these stuff but do we have any choice? So, enjoy it!

If you want SIRIM and UPS to process all these fast, make sure you call them once you sent the emails.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jameztcc

thanks kongee!

*if this whole thing settled...would like to thank you personally. Pain in the arse but the ENL didn't even get anywhere close to what you described.

James Tan
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee

[ Edited ]

Sharing this with you on what i wrote to Elsa to get my tracking code.

Please use plain text.