Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
tdisplay
My Carrier: WIFI

Re: LE for Malaysia

Thanks @kongee
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mustafakamal
My Carrier: UM

FYI guys, I already done dealing with SIRIM and one of the consultant at Blackberry said we could claim for the fees. Do KEEP the SIRIM receipt.

Let me add a few from what Kongee said.

Walkthrough on how to deal with UPS and Sirim in Malaysia

1. UPS will contact you about your BlackBerry. They will ask for your email address so that they could forward those 5 documents to you + 1 authorization letter (can be found in one of my posts) These docs are in .pdf, with scanned of the parcel slip, invoice from UPS, about 5 pages. PRINT these.
  2. In the email, you can find the SIRIM contact person name and phone number. You can contact SIRIM technical person which is Pn. Arliana at 03-55446931.
  3. Read the email content from UPS and follow the instructions. Call SIRIM if you have any questions
  4. Email the relevant documents to SIRIM at sirimepermit@sirim.my. They are using this new system. All the forms will be emailed to you for your convenience. Fill it up, if got any doubts, leave it blank first.
  5. SIRIM will reply to you with 2 forms (registration form as permit applicant and registration form for your device). if you have 10 devices coming in, you need to fill 10 forms. Bank-in details are in the email too. Print and fill it up. Less hasle when you go there.
  6. Next you need to bank in Rm100 per device for the permit fee in RHB Bank account SIRIM QAS Sdn Bhd. You can opt to bank in or pay by CASH at the counter(if you are going to walk in)
  7. Then reply SIRIM with 2 completed forms, scanned copy of bankslip or screenshot, documents from UPS and remaining documents required by SIRIM (SIRIM listed them out in their email in step 5). In 24 hrs, they will reply with the ePermit. This new system is to help people who are far from SIRIM. Luckily I am near.
  8. Next you just need to wait SIRIM to reply you with E-PERMIT within 24 hrs. If you dont get any email AFTER 24 hrs, call the number above and ask.
  9. Once you get the E-PERMIT, forward it to UPS with authorisation letter and IC copy (make sure you cross it for UPS use only)
  10. Finally, just walk UPS to send the LE to your doorstep.
  11. NOTE: The SIRIM admin told me that when you have the device, come back again for the SIRIM sticker label. Reason that if they/customs found out that you have a device without SIRIM, you will probably get into trouble as it could be assume illegal/contraband? Well, you did pay it for RM100
  12. FOR CLAIM: I will keep you update on this. Keep the receipt, ePermit, and send an email to bbjamsupport@brandalliance.com if I am not mistaken and ask them nicely about it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
lastone

Email reply from Melanie (Developer Relation), BlackBerry should covered all shiping charges.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee
My Carrier: Digi

@lastone, chipping charges are obviously covered by BlackBerry and not question here.

Just Import duty, custom tax, mobile permit or anything , we need to consult BlackBerry for refund or something.
Please use plain text.
Developer
lastone

@kongee

I think yes because my question to her is we need to pay duty tax limited edition or will covered by bb.

But want to know too how to reimbussed, maybe wait @mustafakamal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee

I just got my ePermit 2 mins ago. Forwarded to UPS for next step. Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jameztcc

Filled up the 2 forms, paid RM100 and attached the docs (pdfs) to SIRIM. Thanks a lot guys for the tips.

James Tan
Eating my dog food - TripLogger, my 1st bb10 app.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee

i m still chasing UPS to get it for me.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee

[ Edited ]

Finally Custom Clearance is done! Gonna collect my LE from the UPS HQ tomorrow morning!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jameztcc

"Permit will be send within 24 hours."

Good news after following the tips. "Ask nicely" is the maxim. :smileyhappy:

James Tan
Eating my dog food - TripLogger, my 1st bb10 app.
Please use plain text.