Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
vissin
My Device: DevAlpha A

LE's spotted on ebay

It hasn't been long since blackberry has started shipping the red beauties to the developers (not to mention most of us havent got one yet). But they are already up for sale on ebay!

Devs are asking as much as$3000 for each, Check them out here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-Z10-Limited-Edition-Red-Unlocked-Very-Rare-Brand-New-In-Box-/3308...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackberry-Z10-BNIB-RED-color-Developers-Limited-Edition-UNLOCKED-LOW-SERIAL...

I am sure many of you have something to say about this.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: LE's spotted on ebay

I have little to say about it. People are free to do with them whatever they wish.

We knew many of those who contrived to get them didn't deserve them, and were never really going to contribute to the ecosystem beyond their first trivial contribution. We know there were people who wrote 3-4 trivial apps for their friends and family members, to cheat the system. None of this is a surprise.

Let it be... time to move on and focus on the next phase of developing for BlackBerry 10. Worrying about LEs on Ebay is a waste of everyone's time when we could be writing more and better apps.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much money for a device that isn't that much different from a normal Z10. Yeah, it is red and it is limited item, so what? I wouldn't pay that much money for it, that's for sure.

And as far for selling the device. I know you receive the device as a gift from BlackBerry, so you can do with it what you want. But I wouldn't do it myself, just because I have too much respect for BlackBerry to do this. This isn't very grateful towards BlackBerry.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Well some people got more than one Limited edition phone and they are selling them for profit, nothing else
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ndsmyter wrote:
I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much money for a device that isn't that much different from a normal Z10.

From those two listings, no one "yet" is willing to pay $3,000. The seller is asking $3,000, but so far no one has stepped up to pay it and the bids have yet to pass $800.00.

The other item is asking less than $1,300. No bids.

I'll be curious to see the final selling price.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

The most I saw one actually sell for on ebay was 900.  Also on CrackBerry.com we have a few trying to sell them in the 2K range and again no one is biting.  I CAN see someone paying a small price premium, but 2 or 3 or 4 thousand???  That's crazy.  Couple hundred extra, MAYBE, but thousands, NAY!

I had thought about getting the LE myself, instead of getting the Verizon option, then selling it at a small profit, and buying a Verizon retail, but I just didn't want the hassle.   I would have liked an LE Verizon option however.  I'm a little disappointed I'm stuck with a basic black.  They wouldn't even let me pick the "exclusive" white one.

BUT hey a free device is a free device so I'm not complaining TOO much.  :smileywink:

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vissin
My Device: DevAlpha A

Yes! There was another listing which asked for $4000. Went without a single bid :smileyhappy:

I am curious to know the final price too

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

pkcable wrote:

I'm a little disappointed I'm stuck with a basic black.  They wouldn't even let me pick the "exclusive" white one.

Rich, they, who?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

JSanders wrote:

pkcable wrote:

I'm a little disappointed I'm stuck with a basic black.  They wouldn't even let me pick the "exclusive" white one.

Rich, they, who?

BBRY, I'm doing the Limited Edition Trade up, for my Dev Alpha, but those of us on Verizon could not get the Red one.  Well we COULD, but it won't work on Verizon, so they (BBRY) let us get a retail VZW Z10 instead, but only the basic black one.    I have a VERY good grandfathered verizon plan so I'm staying where I am, otherwise I might have gone with the LE and switched to TMobile, I do have a Tmobile SIM which I have been using in my DA and now in a 9780, but I am going to close the account once I get my z10, as I really don't need 2 phones.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

From those two listings, no one "yet" is willing to pay $3,000. The seller is asking $3,000, but so far no one has stepped up to pay it and the bids have yet to pass $800.00.

That is still a lot more than you would pay for a normal black one? I wouldn't have paid more for a red limited edition though, but that could be my opinion.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.