Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
jPush
My Device: No device

Last Day for application ?

Developed 11 apps for http://devworx.in/contests/blackberryapp/ this contest 10 are "Up for Sale".. So i wll definably receive Dev alpha device but seems will not receive before 28 th feb.. What is last day for application..? 

FAQ page says :

How do I get a Limited Edition device?

In order to obtain a Limited Edition device you must qualify per the Terms & Conditions. You must also have a Dev Alpha device.
Submit a qualifying BlackBerry 10 app before February 28th.
Complete the registration here using the App ID from step 1. This step does not need to happen before February 28th.
We will send you a note indicating whether or not you qualify and, if you qualify, we will provide you with instructions on how trade in your Dev Alpha.

To submit your new BlackBerry 10 app click here!

Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

Re: Last Day for application ?

You have to provide the PIN of your BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device on or before February 28th. So I guess that it will be difficult for you to participate in the BB10 Limited Edition Trade-up. Because I don't think you will have the device in your hands on February 28th?

What you could do is try to get the PIN before that date, so you can fill it in the form today or tomorrow.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor
rafalwanke
My Device: 9780

that's not completely true - you have to submit eligible app to blackberry world before deadline, ie Feb 28th. than you can sign up for trade-up program anytime after that you receive your dev alpha.

the crucial point here is submit app that will meet terms of trade-up program before Feb 28th. so you still have a chance :smileyhappy:

good luck
Regular Contributor
jPush

Complete the registration here using the App ID from step 1. This step does not need to happen before February 28th.

what does this mean ..?
New Contributor
wankus
My Device: Bold 9780 & dev alpha A

"here" means on the trade-up program website. this can be done after Feb 28th.

Regular Contributor
jPush

so Q is what is last day ?

New Contributor
wankus
My Device: Bold 9780 & dev alpha A

- last day for submitting app to BB world - Feb 28th
- last day for signing up for trade-up - ?? it's not yet set, I guess
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

There is no set limit on how long you can wait to apply for the trade-up. Eventually, I suppose they might have to stop taking applications, but they really want everybody with a Dev Alpha to apply, so I'm pretty sure they have enough Limited Edition devices (approximately) for that to happen.

At some point, they are planning to remotely "brick" all the Dev Alpha devices, so it won't do you any good to hesitate applying for the trade-up.

Contributor
hieupious
My Device: Curve 8900

Your app just have been submitted before 28th Feb. After that, you can registration limited edition and trade it up.