Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
My Device: Z10

Last minute problem with vendor account

Hello,

I had my app ready yesterday in time to qualify for the trade-up program, but I discovered last night that my vendor account had been disabled.  So I set up another vendor account-- but this apparently takes time at the RIM end to approve for some reason, before I can actually log in and submit my app.  I realize that RIM would want to check my documentation before allowing me to sell, but this delay caused me to miss the deadline, after a costly last minute push to get my app done and tested.

There are probably many others in the same boat, not having checked about the vendor portal setup until the last day.

Is RIM willing to offer any grace period or extension, or are we out of luck?

Best regards,

Dave

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: Last minute problem with vendor account

I know they extended the deadline for build for blackberry 10k offer.

I did not hear anything about extending the deadline for Limted Trade up.

Maybe if they get enough email request they might extend the deadline for the limted trade up also.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha Device

I had a similar problem.  It sucks because a lot of effor went into getting the app done before the deadline.

Where would we send such an email?

New Developer

I already sent a Vendor Portal feedback form last night.  I suspect the place to send the message is right here in this forum.  I think we'll have to await an official response from RIM.  

Meanwhile, my app and collaterals are ready, but my vendor account is still not live.

I hope this means they are swamped with submissions  :smileyhappy:

New Developer

As of this morning my vendor account is still disabled.  Who can I contact (that I haven't already) to resolve this?

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

@mcmordie You could try your luck in the App World forum. The people that can probably help you are mostly in that forum. Just make a post like this one, explaining your issue. There will be most likely somebody of RIM who can help you.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter