Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jelounge
My Carrier: XL

Re: Limited Edition BB10: Special Features

@goku: from the photos n videos i saw it's the same as dev alpha b. i'd be verry disappointed if LE has the same spec, especially the 1GB RAM
Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil
My Carrier: -

Same here... quite disappointing :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
greatwiseone
My Carrier: Bell

Where did you guys see this? There's no way in BB is going to give dev's a device with only 1gb RAM when retail is 2gb (at least I hope not...)...

Please use plain text.
Developer
meego_man

[ Edited ]

It's Z10 in Red. I've seen it in Jam Europe and it looks fantastic. It's very fast, but guys who got it were complaining about heating of the phone back (actually I wouldn't be surprised, he was all the time on WiFi syncing some stuff and playing with the phone)

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Carrier: Vodafone

TheMarco wrote:

Kind of annoyed now that I didn't go to BB Jam. They're being handed out there while we have to wait for many more weeks... :smileysad:

Only some VIPs got one. The rest of us mortals have to wait too.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

The B had only 1GB whereas the Z10 has the full 2GB, so that's certainly not the case.

The B is basically the London with a cheap case, however, or maybe it's the Lisbon. (I really don't care about the details so my brain won't keep track of them for me...)  in any case, it's the same hardware, aside possibly from board revisions, and that's irrelevant since they change them from time to time anyway so there's no fixed target to be the same as.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

meego_man wrote:

It's Z10 in Red. I've seen it in Jam Europe and it looks fantastic. It's very fast, but guys who got it were complaining about heating of the phone back (actually I wouldn't be surprised, he was all the time on WiFi syncing some stuff and playing with the phone)

It's possible with the smooth back on the red LE that it feels like it's getting a bit hotter than the regular Z10 (with a textured back), but it's very unlikely there's any real difference. The phone does warm up nicely when you're doing a lot with it, but everyone should remember how powerful these beasties are compared to phones much older... in any case, they're designed to get this hot and handle it fine, so I don't think there's any reason to suppose it will be a problem.  (As a Canadian, however, I like my devices warm... sometimes you need that when you have cold hands in the winter. ;-)  If I lived in a desert climate I might think otherwise.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.