Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Preetham_08
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Etisalat

Limited Edition Trade Up Deadline.

Hi,
I am very well aware that today is the deadline for the limited edition trade up. I am in the final stages of developing an app and it would take me just a few more hours. Would i get a grace period and get accepted for the trade up if i submit it by tomorrow? 
Thanks,
Preetham.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Limited Edition Trade Up Deadline.

I don't think there is any chance that you would get accepted by submitting tomorrow. We are already in a 5 week grace period and they have said that there are no more extensions.

Submit what you have, even if it is missing features or even if it has bugs. You must do that in the next 8.5 hours. If it is even 1 second too late, you will be rejected for the trade up.

If you haven't submitted anything before, please be advised that it may take you 20 or 30 minutes to make sure you have all the icons and description, and fill out all the questions on the submission form. Don't wait until the last second.

If you want to make a new build tomorrow and submit that as a new release, that will not be a problem. They probably won't have time to look at your submission for at least 2 weeks anyway, but if you didn't get your first submission uploaded before 11:59:59 EST (UTC-5), you certainly will not be eligible for the trade up.

I would advise uploading your first version now, rather than waiting. As long as you submit an update within the next day or a few days, no-one is likely to even look at your first version.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew4Life
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Just submit what you have today. If it's fully functional but just a little buggy or missing some features you want to implement, you can always submit an update later.

You just need to make sure you register and submit your app by today.

Of course if your app is completely unusable, then the timing would be at their discretion.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ondrejandrej
My Device: Dev Alpha + Z10
My Carrier: I carry it myself.

Hi, I didn't have my Dev Alpha at the time of the Trade Up program deadline, so I didn't participate.

Now I realize that there appeared an application form again (if I remember correctly, it wasn't there some weeks ago). Check this page: https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/

The website still says the deadline was Feb. 28th, but it allows you to apply. So I did. It all seems real.

I wonder if I can expect something from that, or have to buy a Z10 for my hard earned dough. Anybody knows anything?

SQL Terminal – command-line interface to local SQLite database
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

If you submitted a qualifying application to BlackBerry World by February 28, that was the only deadline. There is no deadline for applying (at least not yet).
Please use plain text.
Developer
ondrejandrej
My Device: Dev Alpha + Z10
My Carrier: I carry it myself.

I see, thanks.

SQL Terminal – command-line interface to local SQLite database
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AparnaM
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: BSNL

But members are saying the last date in June 1. That's already gone.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-Limited-Edition/Is-there-a-deadline-for-this-pr...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

I think that's a mistake. The Dev Alpha A and B were originally going to be disabled as of July 1 (not June), but that plan is scrapped so I don't know if the trade up will end then.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
vikaspandey
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o

whether 1st july is the official deadline??:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

I haven't heard anything lately about any deadline for the trade-up. I suspect that they still have lots of LE devices available, so they wouldn't cut it off in this case.

Please use plain text.