Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
goku_vegeta
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Bold 9900, BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

Limited Editon Z10 TI OMAP or Snapdragon S4?

Kind of an interesting question,

We now know that the LE Z10 is actually a Z10 and NOT a Dev Alpha B (huge relief :smileytongue:) but I'm wondeirng how the regional diferences are matched.

Lets say there are 3000 Canadian developers who earned the Z10, (making this number up for an example) Would BlackBerry produce 3000 LE Z10's with the S4 since that's what's in market in Canada? Seems like a mess especially when you're making the same device with different internal components.

Although they could get every LE Z10 on the TI OMAP 4470, which also has an LTE component and enable/disable depending on region.

Anyways, this is more about curiousity, I wouldn't mind getting the TI OMAP or Snapdragon S4, both are very comparable.

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Limited Editon Z10 TI OMAP or Snapdragon S4?

Depends on the region you have chosen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
goku_vegeta
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Bold 9900, BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

Interesting, I suppose that makes sense as they have both the S4 and 4470 at their disposal.

Based on the MicroSIM and MicroSD card placements on the LE given out to BlackBerry Elite Deveopers at BlackBerry Jam Europe, seems like they were all the OMAP variant.
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Depends on the region you've selected & on the type of cell network that's available in your country. LTE markets will get Qualcomm based, non-LTE will get OMAP 4470.

I want both :smileyvery-happy: because there're some architectural differences between these 2 cpus, and some app & games don't work at all (either on OMAP or Qcomm)
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
AGZ123
My Device: Bold 9700

So theres 2 variations of the LE? o.O

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
goku_vegeta

Yep, possibly three. We know there are 4 variants of the retail BlackBerry Z10 too. 5 if you count the RF121 model under STL100-3 because theres also the RF91 model.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lindstrom
My Device: Z30

STL100-3 = S4

Please use plain text.