Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
meego_man
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

No need to return Dev Alpha C?

[ Edited ]

It seems that we are not expected to return Dev Alpha C devices back to BlackBerry, nor we can expect any trade-up program for it. Not having a trade-up program is very sad news (greedy me :smileyvery-happy:), but the possibility of non-return of Dev Alpha C is a great news, since it's basically the Q10 in plastic cover and smaller battery capacity. People at CrackBerry already looking at changing the housing of Dev Alpha C to turn it into Q10.  

So, the question mainly to BlackBerry representative, is it true that we don't need to return Dev Alpha C back? 

P.S. question to all, will you change Dev Alpha C housing to make it look as Q10?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shubhamm
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: No need to return Dev Alpha C?

the new UPDATED autoloader FAQ saying is it will not be disabled after 30th june but they can take it back anytime but they will not :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Developer
meego_man

@shubhammwhich autoloader are you talking about, official? Tried to see the FAQ, found nothing specific to Dev Alpha C devices, only Dev Alpha A and B :smileyhappy: Does the latest autoloader contains the full OS (10.1.0.1485) or again dev version? I'm currently on leaked full version 10.1.0.1483 :smileyhappy: Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shubhamm
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: BSNL

If you've updated to the 10.1 SDK OS build, your device will continue to work beyond the June 30th date, with no imposed expiry date embedded in the OS.

The BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A hardware will continue to be officially unsupported and the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B hardware will join those same ranks on June 30th, but if you want to continue to developing apps against those devices beyond that date, you're welcome to do so.

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_faq.html
Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

That does seem like good news, though my Dev Alpha C hasn't arrived as of yet :smileysad:
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Developer
meego_man

@

Please use plain text.
Developer
mishi
My Device: Dev Alpha

I hope the folks at CrackBerry.com will regularly release leaked OS's for the DAC, because it is one thing if you have the hardware if you just have a crappy OS for it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

I plan on mostly using my Dev Alpha C for testing. For that purpose, being one version behind isn't actually that bad of an idea...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.