Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Numbers

I've got 11 out of the 24 badges on Jam Rewards

An idle moment - I counted up the points we could get - it falls far short of the top rewards

Getting EVERY one gives you 13,460 points (plus you have to travel to every BB event in the world)

It is therefore impossible to do Orlando etc

Personally I'm down to 260 points having spent mine on clothes for my friends (they like them)

I still feel cheated now I've done the math tho

Thoughts?

I will relay my findings to BB so gimme a day or two

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Numbers

I'd say just treat the points as a secondary (or lower) motivation for participating here. If you make them worth too much, it will attract a lower quality of participation from the kind of person who has nothing useful to contribute but contributes it anyway just for the points.

That screws it up for the rest of us who are either trying to help others, need help from others, or both. Tragedy of the commons...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Yeah - I agree with your comment here Peter but I'm miffed that our help to the community is devaluded via a few selfish people

I'm not upset about the rewards - I've had lots of them, I'm annoyed that some are not available

Its false advertizing

Lots of my stuff has BB written on it :smileyhappy:

I have noticed several incidents of pumping the likes recently (also not good)

My numbers are real as I  spend a few hours a day helping

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

peardox wrote: 

I have noticed several incidents of pumping the likes recently (also not good)

When you see that (generally it's pretty obvious) just use the Report Inappropriate Content link to point it out.

We've started using the term "water-bottling" to refer to it, since they seem to want the water bottle rewards ;-). You can probably just tell the mods something like "This user may be water-bottling... lots of useless posts which are all liked by the same couple of other obviously fake accounts."

The mods will clean things up quickly (i.e. delete posts and/or ban them), or will have a chat with the user to clarify the forum rules for them.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

woh u got so much rewards nice man.