Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
fireball003
My Device: Playbook

Petition for extending BB10 LE Trade-up deadline

Hi,

How many of you guys (like me) messed up at the last moment and failed to submit app for BB10 LE Trade-up offer? How about requesting RIM to extend the deadline? Since the deadline for "10K developer commitment" is extended, so it seems plausible for RIM to extend the deadline for the trade-up program as well. 

Please share your opinion and options to make RIM hear our request.

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

Re: Petition for extending BB10 LE Trade-up deadline

Do you already have an app developed? If you participated in any other of the promotions like a port-a-thon or 10k you can still use that app to apply for the BB10 LE Trade-up offer.
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have an app. I kept adding things till very last moment. However, at the end, I had issues signing the release verision which I never anticipated. So I couldn't submit in time (and I haven't submitted since). I have received the dev alpha in BlackBerry Jam. Do you think they will allow me for the trade-up if I submit the app now?

New Developer
mcmordie
My Device: Z10

I'm in the same boat, and would love to see the program extended, if only by a few days. In my case, I was unable to submit because my vendor account was mysteriously disabled.
New Developer
spyeagle
My Device: Z10 LE + Bold 9900 + Dev Alpha A + Torch 9800 + Playbook + Curve 9360

I would like to see this extended too.  I did get an app submitted before the deadline, but no answer on if it has been approved or not, so concerned it might not get approved and I will not be eligible for the trade up even though I have 3 other apps in the works.

New Developer
SCarabetta
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

Same here, I didn't realize I could register as vendor before having the app ready, so I miss the date waiting for RIM to approve my registration (account disabled until the day after the deadline).

I vote for a extension.

New Contributor
kecsap
My Device: -

[ Edited ]

Especially, I expected to get a Limited Edition automatically after having a Dev Alpha and submitting an application. I did not expect that I have to register somewhere separately to get the LE. I even don't understand the logic behind. This variety of BB dev programs are confusing, I just found out an hour ago accidentaly that I should have applied in this device program, but I am missed the deadline. **bleep**.

Vote for extension.

Developer
Philipk

If you've already submitted an app you can still apply. 

The deadline refers to you having had to had a BB10 app in App World by then.

My Device: -

But when I fill out the form, it drops an error message for me:

"Opps..An error occured while trying to process your data. Please contact jamzonesupport@rim.com for support."

I have just written an email to the support email address, but probably others face the same problem...?

Developer
Philipk

Well anyone who has actually released an App before the due date can rest assured they will get their LE Device.

RIM has said they won't start shipping for 6-8 weeks after the release and that as long as you sign up and send your DevAlpha back by then you will get a device.