Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
sujaym17
My Device: Simulator
Accepted Solution

Please help, I gave wrong PIN unknowingly while tradeup and I am about to receive pickup info

PIN applied # 2A91**** (PIN on the box which I received)
Confirmation # AN-4***

Device PIN # 25BF**** (Different from the PIN on the box)

I had received a Dev Alpha B device from a contest held by Devworx India. But initially the device was locked so I was not able to see the actual PIN of the device instead I saw a PIN on the box (Applied PIN  : 2A91****) and applied for trade up which qualified but after few days I was able  to unlock the device and I found that the PIN was different (Actual PIN : 25BF****). Please help me as I have received the confirmation mail from Brand Alliance saying the team will intimate you to collect the device. I don't have the device with PIN 2A91****.  What should I do now? Send the device or apply once more or whom should i contact to rectify this? Can I submit the same application twice for trade up say I'm applying again for trade up of my actual PIN

Please use plain text.
Contributor
adiiaditya
My Device: DEV ALPHA B

Re: Please help, I gave wrong PIN unknowingly while tradeup and I am about to receive pickup info

No need to worry!! Apply again.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vinsy1694
My Device: Playbook

Re: Please help, I gave wrong PIN unknowingly while tradeup and I am about to receive pickup info

I would recommend you to bring this to the notice of Developer Relations Team so they might ask BrandAlliance/UPS accept your actual device even though you submitted wrong PIN.

A PIN can only be submitted once in tradeup form, the second time you enter the PIN it doesn't accept the form. So the actual device holder may be denied of the tradeup. So it is better to tell Dev Relations.

Hit Like button if my post helped your cause

Please use plain text.
Developer
PrnvKP
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE

[ Edited ]

I got the dev alpha with pin same as that on your box and I have already sent it back ,if you have not already sent it back can you use the pin on your device and apply for trade up once more 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hb15
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

Have you received email from Developer relations?

I am facing same issue.

Please help asap!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AparnaM
My Device: Dev Alpha B

Send an email to Developer Relations and it should be sorted. They are not much worried about PIN and everything. They just need the a Dev Alpha to send you a LE. Let them know the actual PIN of the device.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chaitras026
My Device: Blackberry Z10

had the same problem got it solved by mailing to blackberry developer relation.

Please use plain text.