Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: Post Here When You Get Your Dev Alpha C

slashkyle wrote:

Overall after a few weeks I find that I really enjoy mine, being able to pull it out of my pocket and have the digital world at my fingertips is awesome especially with the snapdragons oomph.

There are a few quirks I hope will get worked out over time, I find that most apps are susceptible to closing without any warning and my contacts are showing up under different names than who they actually are 

Is this the Dev Alpha C you're talking about?

Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

Q10 is available on pre-order in the UK (has been for a week or so)

This implies they'll have the ability to give us phone functions on the device soon after we get them

I guess it depends on the differences between a DA-C + Q10

We didn't get full OS upgrades for DA-A/B but those devices were probably far removed from the Z10 I'm still waiting for

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

Haha no I thought I was on the LE post and was talking about the Z10

... on the dev-c I did notice while on the lock screen if you try to pull down the clock its not there and the screen starts to become unresponsive 

New Developer
amanali
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I still haven't received my Dev Alpha C -.-
Has anyone received their device in the Asian or middle east region?
Kind Regards,
Aman Ali
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

peardox wrote:

I guess it depends on the differences between a DA-C + Q10

We didn't get full OS upgrades for DA-A/B but those devices were probably far removed from the Z10 I'm still waiting for

I have read that the only difference is the case, but I don't know how anybody knows that. I expect that's largely speculation at this point. It remains to be seen whether it will eventually have a full OS.

A lot has to happen soon if the Q10 is hitting the streets in a month or less. There is a noticeable lack of apps compared to what's available for the Z10. That might even be a reason for the staggered release of the two models.

Trusted Contributor
neilwick

@slashkyle, apps closing without warning is a design feature of the BB10 OS. Anytime memory or other resources are needed, the least recently used app can be closed by the OS. Apps are supposed to be prepared for this and save anything critical before they close.

If you are talking about the currently active app closing without warning, that's a different matter and is certainly a problem for the programmer of that app.

Trusted Contributor
neilwick

amanali wrote:
I still haven't received my Dev Alpha C -.-
Has anyone received their device in the Asian or middle east region?

It seems to be limited to Canada so far. Even the U.S. hasn't gotten any yet. (Apparently, there is some holdup because of customs matters for the U.S.)

Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

I was talking about active apps, not frames.... even happens with stock apps one moment they are working fine and next thing ya know you're staring at your application icons with no app in sight

Developer
jeswinsimon
My Device: BB10 DevAlpha

No word on shipping yet.

I'm from India.

Click Accept as Solution if this post that have solved your issue(s)!
Like if you found this post useful..
Developer
kunal_one
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

Yes, I also did not get any shipping information. I thought they were going to send notification last week.

BTW I am from Asia region.