Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
congdanhqx
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Mobifone

Re: Post Here When You Get Your Dev Alpha C

Developers in Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Ukraine and Vietnam are required an Import Permit for Dev Alpha C shipping.
I can't believe this is the truth until got an email from Developer Relations.

Like my answer if it's helpful. Mark as answer if it help you solve the problem.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN
My Carrier: WIFI

BBRY have Q10 import permit to Indonesia. Why they not apply import permit to DAC? For apply a import permit you need pay more than $1000, some documents,, and a sample device to test by Telecommunication Departement. What logic we will apply for a import permit for DAC. How to apply a import permit without company and sample device to goverment testing.
Please use plain text.
Developer
congdanhqx

I think they don't want to send the device to us. As I know, they are sending the Z10 LE normally

Like my answer if it's helpful. Mark as answer if it help you solve the problem.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
pushpendrak
My Device: Playbook OS2, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Tata docomo

is INDIA on list of import permit. I don't know what is this? earlier Blackberry sent Playbook and other things directly without any charges and permit.........
My page on: App World
Check out my Apps 1). QFileExplorer 2). My ABCD
System Explorer APPID: 35601892
Please use plain text.
Developer
congdanhqx

As I know, only Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Ukraine and Vietnam

Please use plain text.
Developer
lastone
My Device: Not specified

[ Edited ]
Disappointed after waiting for a few months
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
lastone
My Device: Not specified

Congratulations on receiving your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C.  Before we can ship your device to into your region we need you to obtain an import permit. This permit will need to be obtained by you on your own time and paid for by you; BlackBerry does not cover the costs of import permits.  

Based on this news, if you do not wish to proceed with this please let us know and we will cancel the order for your Dev Alpha C.  

Here is a list of what is needed for each region:

Egypt

The individual will be required to produce official identification and a communication authority certificate.

Indonesia

Shipments of devices require permits for import from Indonesian Post and Telecommunications department.

Malaysia

For wireless equipment an Import Permit/License from the Standard & Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) Berhad is required.

Pakistan

Consignee's Computerized National Identity Card is required for clearance & they must obtain the required NOC from (Pak Tel Auth) PTA for Telecommunication Equipment

Links to PTA & Exception Process:

http://www.pakcm.com/forum.aspx?vt=topic&t=726

http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1488&Itemid=577

Philippines

Shipments of devices require permits for import - permits from the National Telecommunication Commission (NTC) must be in place prior to dispatching the shipment to avoid any customs delays

Sri Lanka

All non-document shipments are subject to duty and tax.  If consignee has been granted duty free approval, the form must be presented to FedEx prior to the clearance of the shipment

Thailand

Any importation of devices into Thailand will require the below

-consignee/recipient will need to be registered with Thailand customs as an importer/trader

-import license for the devices are required to be apply by the consignee prior to shipment arrival

-informal clearance of devices are not allowed in Thailand

Ukraine

Mobile phones require permission from the Radio Frequency Committee for clearance

Viet Nam

Shipments of devices require permits for import -Effective June 1, 2011, ONLY importers and distributors specifically authorized by the foreign manufacturer of above noted items may import these items into Vietnam. Importers will require a Letter of Assignment or Letter of Authorization from the foreign exporter in order to import above items into Vietnam. The Letter of Assignment or Authorization MUST be legalized by the Embassy of Vietnam in the foreign country of origin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
congdanhqx

For the Vietnam section.

The Letter of Assignment or Authorization MUST be legalized by the Embassy of Vietnam in the foreign country of origin.

Do they mean that, we must come from Vietnam to Canada to legalize the Letter? LoL

Please use plain text.
Developer
Torres90
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: DiGi twitter@TylorPin

[ Edited ]

Need to apply permit first and show them. Here's my conversation with them (From bottom to top)

No you need to get the permit before we sent the device.  We need to see it before we can ship.

Thanks,
Melanie

So I wait until the device is shipped and once the tracking code available only I start to apply permit is that right?

Hello,

There is no tracking information as the device has not yet been shipped and we are using FedEx and this info is coming from them.

We need to permits to ship.

Thanks,
Melanie
Click "like" if my reply helps and click "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem!

twitter @Twopinstudio
my vendor page https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/7126/?lang=en
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xelios
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Web

[ Edited ]

I am from Ukraine

The letter is nonsense. 

Radio Frequency Committee registered phones after import.

I don't understand how I can get permission for virtual phone.

Torres90, how could you contact them?

I want to try, although I know that the chances are low

Please use plain text.