Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

orz
Contributor
orz
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Question regarding BB ID used to receive Dev Alpha and develop apps

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if a BB10 app submitted using my work bb id (used for vendor registration, etc...) can be considered for LE trade up using a Dev Alpha I received using my own personal bb id and email.

Basically, what happened was I received my Dev Alpha back in December last year from BB Jam Asia where I registered using my personal email address not knowing we could trade up to an LE version later.  Obviously, as a vendor, I'm using a different bb id and email specifically tied to my app (ex. support@myawesomeapp.com).

Should I just make another BB10 app and try to submit using my personal email address and bb id at this point?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Question regarding BB ID used to receive Dev Alpha and develop apps

[ Edited ]

I don't think you have to make a new app for this. As far as I know you can use your Vendor mail address together with your own personal Dev Alpha PIN. I don't think that it matters to BlackBerry that these are not couple to the same BlackBerry ID.

I guess that a lot of developers will be using different mail addresses for this. I read this question before on this forum, so you are definitely not alone on this.

My suggestion: just fill in the registration page with the information you have, and don't worry about them not being linked together.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
orz
Contributor
orz
My Device: Playbook

Re: Question regarding BB ID used to receive Dev Alpha and develop apps

Ok. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
Please use plain text.