Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
AlexXF
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
Accepted Solution

Received confirmation email, but link to finish does not work.

[ Edited ]

I've just received confirmation email, that app has qualified to participate.

There is a message, that to complete the trade i must follow link, but this link provide error.

How to complete?

Developer
AlexXF

Re: Received confirmation email, but link to finish does not work.

So... I'm out, because there is a RIM server error - link with instructions how to return Dev Alpha does not work:

Due to Terms & Conditions, 2.6. I must return device to RIM before 21st Jan, but I can't (!!!), because RIM does not provide instructions.

I'm feeling unhappy and angry.

I waiting too long for working Gold SDK, then waiting too long for application approval.

Looks like there is no chance for me.
Developer
BryceMcMurter
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

"To qualify for the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 smartphone, you need to have at least one qualifying BlackBerry 10 app built, signed, and submitted to BlackBerry World byJanuary 21, 2013. Once your app is submitted, you can apply for the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 smartphone at https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/. It is not required to apply before January 21, 2013, but your BlackBerry 10 app must already be submitted by this date.

You will need to send back your Dev Alpha before the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 smartphone is shipped to you. The Dev Alpha can be returned anytime. Please keep in mind that the Limited Edition devices will not begin shipping until six to eight weeks after the BlackBerry 10 launch on January 30, 2013."

this was from and email sent out to people with dev alphas. you do not have to send your unit back by jan 21 you just have to submit an app by jan 21st

bryce
Developer
AlexXF

Did you read Terms & Conditions?

Developer
marcossit
My Device: Z10 Limited Edition and Dev Alpha C

The same problem I have, and I get my confirmation email progrma the Limited version. On January 7. We will no longer send the BlackBerry Limited

Follow me in Twitter:

@Marcossit

BBM Channel:

MarcossitDev: C0002C366  

DeviceSuite For BlackBerry 10:

Link to Download DeviceSuite:

Support was successful? Accept as Solution and click on:

Developer
BryceMcMurter
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

The original terms and conditions were probably written up when they assumed that they could maintain their 10 day turn around. The email I quoted was send on Wednesday. Even though the terms and conditions states this we have an official email from RIM stating otherwise.

I don't think RIM is in the business of screwing over the developers that they are working so hard on building good relationships with.

Developer
marcossit
My Device: Z10 Limited Edition and Dev Alpha C

You're right, if you can still send applications and register until January 21, it means the return of the BlackBerry can be any time, but then they send the mail contact to return the Dev Alpha. Because otherwise qualifying as do after January 21?

Although they are slow to contact the developers, to return the Dev Alpha. Even my application has two updates and still are being reviewed for fifteen days.

Follow me in Twitter:

@Marcossit

BBM Channel:

MarcossitDev: C0002C366  

DeviceSuite For BlackBerry 10:

Link to Download DeviceSuite:

Support was successful? Accept as Solution and click on:

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Mel17
My Device: 9900

You do not need to return your dev alpha device by Jan 21st, that deadline is for application submission within BlackBerry World. However if you are having issues with the link you will need to contact clientcare@brandalliance.com as they are coordinating the shipping. 

Developer
AlexXF

I have more than 3 native applications in development, but i take a decision to hold it.

Why? This apps requires full functional  OS

I've send 5 emails to different persons in RIM, including clientcare@ and no one answer in 3 days. 

New Contributor
djszapi
My Device: Simulator

Heh, I am even unluckier! :smileyhappy:

I have not unfortunately received even a confirmation email. I wonder if it is enough to prove my registration with the fact that if I try to register again for getting a confirmation, it writes that with red letters, the device pin has already been registered for the trade-up.