Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

Registration site broken?

Tried to register my app's id and device's PIN last night and again this morning.  In IE8, clicking the Login button does nothing; in  Chrome I can enter my BBID and password but I am taken to a page the the site is in maintenance.

Is there a problem or do I just have to show some patience?

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Registration site broken?

Worked fine for me just now. Try again? I'm on Firefox, in case it matters. If it still fails, maybe you've got the wrong password or BBID and it's trying to send you to an error/reminder page, and it's *that* which is offline for maintenance. (?)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
MauriceRice

[ Edited ]

peter9477 wrote:
Worked fine for me just now. Try again? I'm on Firefox, in case it matters. If it still fails, maybe you've got the wrong password or BBID and it's trying to send you to an error/reminder page, and it's *that* which is offline for maintenance. (?)

Downloaded Firefox then tried using it to go to the link specified in the email from RIM. Got the "maintenance" page after trying to login using my BBID (login was entered correctly). Then tried Chrome again with same result a Firefox. IE still does nothing when I click the button - doesn't even take me to the login page.

Time to contact support, I suppose.

Developer
MauriceRice

[ Edited ]

peter9477 wrote:

I think that the login process for BBID is broken by last night's maintenance to App World,. I have not yet linked my Jam email addfress to my BBID because I can't sign into my BBID from the registration page.

When I attempt to log into my BBID from the new BB World website, I am allowed to enter my credentials but then I am taken to a blank page. None too healthy, i would say.

UPDATE: Like magic I was able to sign in and complete the registration this evening.