Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Reload software will only download 10.0.9.x

After the BB 10.2 update my LE device didn't work that reliable anymore. BBM text messages on 3G didn't work (only via WiFi) but BBM voice calls did. WiFi also had some problems as it showed connections as being limited.

So I decided to reload the device and was hoping for a more stable experience. But no, BB Link won't allow me to reload the device to a recent version.

Only downloads some ancient 10.0.9.x (I'm using the latest Link for OS X, and also tried on a Windows device with the same 10.0.9.x result) which will be downloaded but when trying to install it, Link just returns an unspecified error.

After a lot of research I finally found out that the error message says that this old version is not supported on this device (apparently it has a security hole and therefor won't be installable).

Any idea what I can do now? After this failed reload the device just blinks red (twice every 2 seconds). Using the sachesi OTA downloader also won't work as the "debrick" mode only downloads some weird 10.2.0.1791 which does not the hub included (at least when showing the hub it's just black) and the software version is empty and it's showing some weird branch in the about-OS screen.

I'm on a virtual mobile provider (in Austria) which does not offer any BB 10 devices (so calling them won't help as I did that some time ago with another problem and they were not able to do anything about it).

sachesi shows some 10.1 version for this provider but Link still shows 10.0.9 and I do not have access to a SIM card from an operator that has 10.2 (don't know if that even makes a difference).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Reload software will only download 10.0.9.x

Borrow a SIM from Telekom Austria and try Link again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development