Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
i68040
My Device: Classic

Slow App approval time impacting my chances at an LE

I've got a Dev Alpha B Device that I've used to test 4 applications that have been submitted to AppWorld. After submitting an application 16 days ago it still hasn't been approved. I just got an email today indicating that my time is running out for the LE offer.

As one of my other apps has been approved, I'd like to change the LE tradeup to link to that App ID. Is there a way to do this? I honestly don't know how anyone submitting an application by the '11th' would be able to qualify for this offer. Seems to take 3 business weeks to get an approval. When I opened a support ticket the support person indicated that it is taking longer than 7 - 10 days to approve an app, but this is getting a little out hand. If they 'deny' the app for some reason or another and I need to fix a bug and resubmit I don't think I would be able to qualify.

Anyone out there who can help? I've been working hard to get my apps in order for launch and would like to see something for it.

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: Slow App approval time impacting my chances at an LE

As long as you have your App Submitted as a Approved  Blackberry 10 APP  to APPWorld you will be fine.

You can register anytime after 21st to schedual for the LE device.

Contributor
greatwiseone
My Device: 9900

I have had the same issue too, and I've just written to them to ask them to clarify how it works if my app is denied or approved after Jan 21, 2013. The rules require the app to be submitted but doesn't talk about app being denied or app being resubmitted for approval.

Developer
i68040

From this Post it sounds like the may need to be Approved in AppWorld before the 21st for this to work. If the app only needs to be submitted, that's great.

Still looking for Verification from a RIM Engineer.

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

I submitted my app id right after I submitted, and based on this page it sounds like that's fine. https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_limitededition_process.html
Developer
i68040

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that page before. There is some small print at the bottom of the page that says:

"Registration is not required by January 21, 2013"

While that suggests that I can fill out out the form to trade up to an LE device after the 21st using an App ID that has been approved in AppWorld, it doesn't reassure me right now.

It seems that the basic steps for qualification should happen within 10 business days. I'm well beyond that and think my apps may have slipped through the cracks. The App ID I used when I filled out the trade-up form has not been approved after 17 days. If the AppWorld testers find a bug that I missed, it isn't clear what will happen.

Still looking for someone from RIM to reply to the thread with confirmation.
New Contributor
CyberBytesDesign
My Device: Bold 9930, Dev Alpha, PlayBook

Waiting to submit my app during the Portathon, you have time, just need the app in BB World by the 21st, as mentioned in here before.

Developer
raffi

Actually, under the "Register for Program" part of the diagram, it also says "Register anytime after submission". To me, that's a clear indicator that they don't care if the app is approved yet. Just submit the app ID if you're worried. That's what I did.
Developer
i68040

As already stated above, I have submitted the app and assigned its app ID to the LE Tradeup form. This was done back in December.

My concerns at this point:

- What if the app is rejected
- Things are going slow. 3 weeks is a long time when I didn't submit during a 'rush' period. If this app gets 'lost', I'd rather assign an App ID from the app that has become approved at this point.
- The link explaining the LE process (while helpful) doesn't have specific answers to the questions I posted above.

Thanks for helping to keep this thread alive. Right now I'm just looking for someone from RIM to comment.
Developer
raffi

Try shooting a tweet over to @BlackBerryDev to find out why your app hasn't been reviewed yet if you submitted it 3 weeks ago. They usually respond.