Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
mdodd
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Three

Transferring ownership of dev alpha for trade-up

Hi,

Within my company I am currently using a blackberry dev apha that was originally given to one of my colleagues at the Orlando Jam last year. We're looking to trade our dev alphas in for the red Z10, and I'm currently creating an app to allow for this offer. The problem is that my colleague is not a developer, and I joined the company after he acquired his dev alpha.

If we were to trade up for the red Z10, would we need to submit my app via my colleague's App World account? Alternatively, is there any way of transferring the ownership of my colleague's dev alpha into my name?

Did this post help you? If so, please make sure to "like" it!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
podupuis
My Device: -------
My Carrier: ---------

Re: Transferring ownership of dev alpha for trade-up

You cant change the name of the dev alpha owner to yours. When your college receive the alpha device if was because he mark imself as a developer. So you we not able to get the LE device. The only possibility is for your college to create an apps and give the LE to you after.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

2.1 Offer is open to any registered BlackBerry World Developer who has received a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device (“Alpha Device”) from Sponsor and has signed the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device and Software License Agreement (“Agreement”) in conjunction with that Alpha Device. Only those meeting these criteria are eligible to participate (each, a “Participant”).

Contact jamzonesupport@rim.com

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I think you could just try to use the Dev Alpha PIN number of your colleague together with your vendor account email. As there is nothing on the site (https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/) that says they have to belong to the same person.

But you can always contact jamzonesupport@rim.com because they can probably give you more details if this is possible or not.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.