Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

UPS want battery removed

Firstly I packaged the parcel with label all sealed and UPS did not pitch.  Phoned them and emailed them and now it seems a more concrete date and time has been set.

Secondly they're saying that the battery needs to be removed from the phone.  Is that even possible?  Must we remove it?  I've seen no other similar requests, and frankly I do not want to damage the device since I am eligible to get the LTE at this point.  Returning a damaged device may change that...

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: UPS want battery removed

Did you tell ups you were shipping a phone?

IF i remember correctly ever since after 9/11 they had a new policy for batterys.

Lithium and lithium ion batteries: Both rechargeable or non-rechargeable power sources, common in computers, cell phones, cameras, and other small electronic devices. If dropped, crushed, or short-circuited, these batteries can release dangerous amounts of heat and may ignite, and are dangerous in fires. Special regulations apply to shipping these batteries. Shipments requiring hazardous materials shipping papers are accepted from contract hazmat shippers only, and certain lithium batteries may not qualify for UPS service.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I just put the device in a box and labeled it. As far as I know the person that came to pick it up didn't even know what is in it. I suggest you just leave the battery in the device (it is not worth it to try and open the Dev Alpha, because it is not ment to be opened).

Just put in a box and say that the battery cannot be removed, so there is nothing you can do.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Yep, thats the plan.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez
My Device: Not Specified

UPS told me I had to remove the battery, when I handed them the sealed package. I told them the phone was sealed and the battery didn't come out... he kind of just stopped, shrugged, and took it.

Arrived OK at the warehouse so I guess that's something :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.