Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Verizon devices finally shipping?

I got an email today letting me know that Z10 phones will start shipping this week. Personally I remain skeptical, but this is the closest thing to a solid date that I have gotten from anyone in a while...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: Verizon devices finally shipping?

You know how many times I have been told they are about to ship?  More than I can count!

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer

Apparently they lied to me. (again.)

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable

Yea I feel your frustration brother.  There are a whole bunch of us.  :smileysad:

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Looking to the bright side of life: at least you'll get Z10 at BBJam

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable

QuiteSimple wrote:

I wish I was going brother, but sadly I could not get the time off from the day job!

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer

QuiteSimple wrote:

Yes, or I could even walk to the store and buy one. That doesn't really change the fact that BlackBerry has been screwing us over.

The real issue here is the absolute dishonesty that has been coming out of BlackBerry's Developer Relations over the past half year. Had they been upfront about their complete inablity to drop off a few phones at FedEx, than maybe we could have planned accordingly. Instead we have gotten nothing but lies from BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain and agree with your comments about the trade program, I'm just trying to add a little bit of positiveness :Surrender:

The whole Verizon story is a real fiasco: first, no real LE for devs (which kind of beats the purpose of the trade program, which was to say "thank you"). After that no Z10 at all...

Maybe the best approach would be BBRY to send you a check for $600 to buy one Z10 off-contract and not to wait months for a device, that you could buy from every store.

Btw this Z10 mass giveaway at BBJam is suspicious, are the Z10 sales going down? I remember such giveaway of PlayBooks because BBRY had plenty of them...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer

QuiteSimple wrote:
The whole Verizon story is a real fiasco: first, no real LE for devs (which kind of beats the purpose of the trade program, which was to say "thank you"). After that no Z10 at all...

Maybe the best approach would be BBRY to send you a check for $600 to buy one Z10 off-contract and not to wait months for a device, that you could buy from every store.

If BlackBerry is having this much trouble shipping devices, I really do question why they don't just order them through Amazon or something. Although I honestly can not imagine how the program can be as terribly broken as it is...

QuiteSimple wrote:

Btw this Z10 mass giveaway at BBJam is suspicious, are the Z10 sales going down? I remember such giveaway of PlayBooks because BBRY had plenty of them...

I wouldn't look into this too much. With the exception of this year's BB Jam in Europe, BlackBerry has given away some hardware at every event for the last few years.

I am really conflicted as to if it would be a good thing if they give me a verizon device at BBJam...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable

They are shipping!  I got my tracking notice!

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

Please use plain text.