Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
urbanglowcam
My Device: Bold 9930

Verizon users not accepted?

[ Edited ]

I have not received a confirmation that I will receive a limited edition device even though I have two apps approved. The same goes for four other individuals I know. We all chose Verizon as our carrier.

The other devs we know have Rogers and have all received their confirmation. What's the issue with Verizon? There's about 5 of us with Verizon and 4 with Rogers and we all submitted around the same time. It's not coincidence.

Contributor
jelounge
My Device: Dev Alpha

Re: Verizon users not accepted?

it has nothing to do with your carrier.
Developer
urbanglowcam

Well let me also say that I know an AT&T user that was given confirmation of earning an LE device. So I should rephrase and say I've only seen those with GSM carriers be approved.

I hope you're right jelounge, but has anyone that registered as a Verizon user received confirmation yet? I haven't seen one.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Maybe this is why I have not heard back yet. I selected Verizon as well. Has anyone received confirmation that currently uses Verizon?
Developer
urbanglowcam

[ Edited ]

I haven't and neither have four other developers I know with Verizon. Though our friends with Rogers / AT&T heard back immediately. We all submitted around the same time.

I hope it's for a reason like waiting on the Jan 30 official launch and not because we were denied for this. I still have yet to see one developer approved that chose Verizon in their sign-up process. I hear we can't even select Verizon anymore. What's the deal?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Mel17
My Device: 9900

We want to start by saying thank you for you continued support and commitment to the BlackBerry 10 platform. The excitement around this launch, device and platform is palpable and we owe our developer community a debt of gratitude for that. In fact, that’s one reason we want to give the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 smartphone to our developers.

I wanted to let you know that although you have applied to receive a BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition device, we are not able to offer the device from Verizon. Instead we will send you a 4G device. 

Please note that Verizon is completely committed to launching BlackBerry 10 devices, but we are not able to order the Limited Edition devices at this time.

Developer
urbanglowcam

Thank you so much for getting back to us on this. It's unfortunate that we registered with Verizon, and now that option was removed. But it's good to get clarification on this and I'm looking forward to the 4G device. :smileyhappy:

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

What US carriers will support this device?
Developer
urbanglowcam

You can rule Verizon and Sprint out since they are CDMA based. I would say AT&T and T-Mobile are the only candidates.

New Developer
jerryeight
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B / BlackBerry PlayBook

hi would this mean that the ones offered for Att are not LTE ? 

I am very grateful towards RIMM for the entire program but it would be nice for a clarification 

Also Mel say happy 1 year at the helm to Mr. Heins for me. :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

BB Rocks !