Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
AwesomeDev
My Device: N/A

What's in the box?

Hi folks,

I know that some BlackBerry Elite devs got their Limited Edition devices at Jam Europe. From a couple of the unboxing videos online, I saw that they gave out big boxes with all sorts of goodies, like a pocket, a backplate, etc. Does anyone know if all 12000 Limited Edition devices will be like this? What will be in the box exactly?

Thanks!
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: What's in the box?

My guess is Elite Devs getting a Limited Limited Edition with special Items Accessories.

While the normal Devs for Trade up get just the Limited Edition Phone only??

Just my guess. 

Contributor
ph03n1x
My Device: Z10/ Playbook 64gb

I wish there was something special maybe swag since we have to wait so long?

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Engraving a limited number edition on everyone of these is what i believe is taking them so long to make & ship out.
New Developer
MedNez
My Device: Not Specified

Shouldn't be - the number is just on the battery door. The phone itself has no special branding other than the colour. 

It also doesn't make sense - if you are mass-producing something in a particular colour, it's very expensive to change production lines for different colours, it's much easier to have a line per colour. Seems like if you're going to get 1000 done for BB Europe*, you'd just do all 12,000. Also given that shipping estimates for the next few months are in the order of 1 million+, how long can it seriously take to do 12,000?

* In one of the unboxing videos from BB Europe, the limited edition number was something like 1049. So there's at least 1000 already made. Don't have the link on me, but this discussion has already taken place over at CrackBerry.

Wouldn't mind so much if there was just a proper reason given, even if it was not the best news. Or even if it was "Yeah we have only done 2000 of 12000, the rest hit the production lines on <date>, which means they'll be at the local warehouses 2 weeks+ after that realistically, and distribution will begin based on a first-come first-serve basis". More info, even if disappointing, I think is better than silence. 

Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

A little more information would indeed be nice

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Developer
abhi007tyagi
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook

may be they are waiting for feb 28 deadline and then they will start sending the device. this way it will match what they mentioned in their mail regarding shipping.. "4-6 weeks after launch"
Blackberry Z10-Limited Edition
Blackberry Playbook (won in free playbook offer)
My Apps : pAinT, HealthMeter, Shoot
Developer
ndsmyter

That would make sense.
But having that in mind, I rather expect a mail a couple of days later. That way they can also send the mail to all of the developers who applied. So they only have to send a mail once, immediately reaching all developers at once.

Developer
ndsmyter

[ Edited ]

Actually, my guess would be: 3 March 13.
Why? Because the sum of the numbers of that date is 10 (with a reference to BlackBerry 10 or Z10). And because that date is noted 3/3 in all timezones.

Don't know if BlackBerry will think like I did, but they did the same for there launch date (30 Jan 13), where the sum also was 10.

Trusted Contributor
AGZ123
My Device: Bold 9700

They should be releasing them soon... Its been about a month since the Z10 launch!