Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
HUNZwiebel
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: V

When I should get email that my application has been accepted for the Trade-up program?

Good morning to all!

I have registered for the trade-up program on Jan 2. I have chosen an application from my applications, and I have written in its ID, and name. I filled in the Dev Alpha PIN, and everything else, what was needed. But I haven't got any e-mail about the Trade-Up program yet, or about if my application was accepted or not. About how many days does it take to get accepted my program? When should I get e-mail?

Sorry because the question, but the deadline is here, and if I need to get it back before Jan 21, then I need to hurry. :smileysad:

Best regards,

HUNZwiebel

Please use plain text.
Developer
meego_man

Re: When I should get email that my application has been accepted for the Trade-up program?

we all waiting for the response from RIM about it. They promised to give more info this week :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HUNZwiebel
My Carrier: V

Re: When I should get email that my application has been accepted for the Trade-up program?

Hmmm... so nobody get e-mail, about his accepted or non-accepted application yet? Should the Dev Alpha arrive back at Blackberry until Jan 21st, or we just should registered for it? I hope those info e-mails, will come as soon as today :Innocent:

Please use plain text.
Developer
theappspod
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

I was told two different things by two different members of BB staff. One said we should get emails this week the other said that entries would not be considered until the closing date of the contest!  Didn't know it was a contest.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I just received a mail saying that my submission was accepted for the Trade-up program. :-)

So I think they are sending out the mails as we speak. But they're probably still approving some applications, so if you don't receive a mail soon, don't dispair.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: BleskMobil

Me too. I'm just curious how long time I will have to live without BB10 device. I will not be able meaninfully develop without real device.

Also curious about Dev Alpha C. I'll most likely qualify but I have no idea how it will clash with this program.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

I also got email, saying that my app is approved and eligible for limited edition trade up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
theappspod
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Good news - thanks for the update and fingers crossed :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Mel17
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Email communications have begun this week, for anyone that has registered and their application was tested by the testing team you will be receiving communiction on whether you qualify or not.

For those that may not yet receive an email this is likely due to test team hasn't tested the application yet.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: BleskMobil

Just one more question: how this trade collides with Dev Alpha C program? I'm finishing some apps and I hope I will also qualify for Dev Alpha C. 

One more question: how long time we will be without working BB10 device? It is quite inconvenient to fix bugs without real device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.