Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
jerryeight
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B / BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: When I should get email that my application has been accepted for the Trade-up program?

just sent them an email since the bbjam@brandalliance.com email results in delivery failure
hope it is just a matter of time before they reply
BB Rocks !
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg
My Device: Not Specified

Re: When I should get email that my application has been accepted for the Trade-up program?

I am a bit confused about the form. We received the email to fill shipping details for receiving limited edition, but the form and two confirmation emails (one with UPS tracking #, one with confirmation #) seem all about returning dev alpha: how to pack, how to print label, when to pickup...

Are they related? The new limited edition will be delivered to me only after I return dev alpha?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
goku_vegeta
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Bold 9900, BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

That's correct. They also won't ship it out until after the release of BlackBerry 10 on January 30th
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg

lol, I set UPS pickup date in March, does that mean I can only receive new limited edition in late March even they are going to ship after 30th Jan?

Please use plain text.
Developer
vingilot
My Device: 9900

When are the alphas due then? I don't want to be without a device very long, but I know we have to wait for the 21st fir them to be shipped so how long can I keep the alpha

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HUNZwiebel
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

I just got the e-mail where I should write my adress, name etc. but can somebody tell me please that what the Extent field mean? (I'm not English, so I don't exactly understand, what BB want to know there :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg

Phone extension? Just leave it blank if you don't have that.
Please use plain text.
Developer
theappspod
My Device: Dev Alpha

That would be your telephone extension number if you have one.

Please use plain text.
Developer
meego_man
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

anyone got reply from RIM about deadline for submitting Dev Alpha device? If yes, please, share with us

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg

I contacted RIM and BrandAlliance, here is what they replied.

The Dev alpha device should be returned about the same time as the BB10 launch at the end of the month. You can return the device any time before or after that date. Limited Edition device upgrade replacement timing will depend on BB10 launch as well as the time it takes to receive your returned alpha device.  

Please use plain text.