Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
cjware
My Device: Blackbeery Bold 9700
My Carrier: giffgaff

Re: Will there be a trade-up program for Dev Alpha C?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

Are you sure about that cjware? It says, "If you already received a BlackBerry Dev Alpha device, you won’t qualify for an additional one." I didn't know they would count a PlayBook.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjware

@neilwick yep I'm sure I just went and double checked this is the massage I get " It looks like you signed up for a previous Marmalade for BlackBerry® offer. This offer is only available to developers who have not been part of a previous program "

So it looks like the playbook offer/program is being counted in on this doesn't it
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

Oh, right. Although that's technically because you were in a Marmalade offer, not because you got a PlayBook. There were other progress where they gave out PlayBooks. Well, I tried.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjware

Thanks for the advice though looks like I've got no chance now getting a device :smileysad: ohhh well time to blow about 500£ on a q10 but I might wait till the Q5 comes out :smileyvery-happy: hopefully that's cheaper
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

There might be other ways to get a device layer on. I wonder what they're going to do with all those returned Dev Alphas.

The Q5 will certainly be cheaper. Maybe 50-60% of the Q10 I'm guessing. Only thing is that they said some parts of Europe and that might not include the UK. Hard to say at this point.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjware

I think it will be the uk as we have a wide majority of teens that use the horrible bb curves as they love there BBM so we shall see what happens
I think they should sell the dev alpha devices or at least maybe allow people to apply to loan one for a few months or so
Please use plain text.