Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
cjware
My Device: Blackbeery Bold 9700

Re: Will there be a trade-up program for Dev Alpha C?

Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

Are you sure about that cjware? It says, "If you already received a BlackBerry Dev Alpha device, you won’t qualify for an additional one." I didn't know they would count a PlayBook.
Contributor
cjware

@neilwick yep I'm sure I just went and double checked this is the massage I get " It looks like you signed up for a previous Marmalade for BlackBerry® offer. This offer is only available to developers who have not been part of a previous program "

So it looks like the playbook offer/program is being counted in on this doesn't it
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

Oh, right. Although that's technically because you were in a Marmalade offer, not because you got a PlayBook. There were other progress where they gave out PlayBooks. Well, I tried.
Contributor
cjware

Thanks for the advice though looks like I've got no chance now getting a device :smileysad: ohhh well time to blow about 500£ on a q10 but I might wait till the Q5 comes out :smileyvery-happy: hopefully that's cheaper
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

There might be other ways to get a device layer on. I wonder what they're going to do with all those returned Dev Alphas.

The Q5 will certainly be cheaper. Maybe 50-60% of the Q10 I'm guessing. Only thing is that they said some parts of Europe and that might not include the UK. Hard to say at this point.
Contributor
cjware

I think it will be the uk as we have a wide majority of teens that use the horrible bb curves as they love there BBM so we shall see what happens
I think they should sell the dev alpha devices or at least maybe allow people to apply to loan one for a few months or so