Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
tab4u
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Wtf, when APAC will recieve LE n dev C

Any comments on d topic... I think bb is thinking to first sell z10 in d market and remaining ones just change d casing and give it to ppl in APAC ... Who will try to develop for a platform which promise so much and in return they can't even manage their inventory... Some ppl (including me) has send back dev alpha 4 months back.. Still m not sure if I will recieve sooner than other developers who send it last....
We as grape unicom p ltd persuaded Kenya commercial bank and NCB bank Saudi to get a banking app for bb10.. They did.. I mailed bb for a device quick (last of march) so that we can test it or get us a normal z10(version guys got)... But they returned back saying that if you don't want Le let us know will strip off the list...
We brought z10 now from market.. And frankly speaking the way they treated corporate client like that, unfortunately As a tech head I am not goin to support this platform any more... It's not abt device but its Bout support and consideration for a company who support them in tough times... Will be selling it in eBay in India in 25k.. Let me know if any one need it.. Both blAck and red...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN
My Carrier: WIFI

Re: Wtf, when APAC will recieve LE n dev C

I am in APAC and disappointed too why so long device came to APAC.

The fact is why Bb not die now is half more contribution from APAC selling device.

They say local app is very important but how an device LE still not came after 1-3 month Z10 sell in a country.

And about DAC, someone told DAC will start distribute end of April. How a device for testing came later after Q10 will sell in end of april too
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Digi

Hello tab4u, if you have LE red to give out, let me know :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tab4u

Yes ... But let it come first .. After all I am from APAC.. India which unfortunately the third biggest smartphone market And waiting for it for more than 4 months now.. So u can take it..
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
fireball003
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: CMCC

I understand the frustration of waiting long for much desired LE as I am on the same boat (in terms of being in the same region and waiting for the device).

However, I don't understand why you didn't buy a normal Z10 at your earliest convenience to keep working on your app for your lucrative clients. Or, why didn't you keep Dev alpha as long as you would work on your app? I sent my dev alpha at the very last moment to keep the time gap of not having the device as short as possible.

BB already mentioned that they would start shipping LE 6-8 weeks after the official release and frankly they would be late by only 2 weeks in Asia, if they start shipping next week.

You do understand that Z10 LE is a gift from BB, not another development device. As I have gone through other posts, serious developers bought regular Z10 to continue the development.

Above all, by developing for BB10 you are not doing any marcy to BB. You have taken the advantage to be one of the early devs to penetrate the app market. And BB helped you (and me) by providing dev alpha devices to be the first ones in the market. Don't forget that BB is way more bigger company than you and me, so they are responsible for managing thousands of employees and millions of customers.

Please don't blame BB for your not-so-smart moves. As eagerly I am waiting for my LE, I don't blame BB for being late. I believe they are trying their best.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tab4u

Read my statement again... We purchased it.... See its not about late delivery... It should be even for every region .. Ok I understand the procurement issue.. But if I recall they start shipping on 12 th and its 4th week or say a whole month passed.. Considering that mobile tech pace is so high that on every 3 months the device is considered stale or old generation.
Agony is about the way they reacted to my mail when I said imp clients with app I'd .. And asked for the possibility of exchange to normal z10 or even dev alpha since simulator is not serving our purpose... They way they reacted made me felt bad... They said bluntly .. Let us know if you don't want le.. Will strip ur name from d list..
And let me tell one more thing.. No matter how ppl in this blog feels about rival OS.. They are far more better in support and quick revert as well as other issues developer face....
We are multiplateform enteprise company and I can say it in confidence and with exp.
M off as soon as I will get le.. As it will remind me of my wastage of time and efforts... Btw I have a black z 10 too.. So if anyone wish to have it let me know.. M from New Delhi
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
fireball003

@tab4u, I am interested in your devC, if you are getting one. I was busy with other project during the offer period, so missed it. Now,I am planning to actively work on bb10 platform. Do you want to sell or trade it? I am in China. Let me know.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tab4u

No issues... If it can help you.. I am ok to give... Send across ur mail or any connect and I will be in touch. Since admin don't allow to write. Personal details. So my name is tabish and company name is grapeunicom.com so I hope u can make out my add ... Test mail will work
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
fireball003

ohh, @tab4u, if you are selling your LE as well and if @Kongee is not buying, please consider me next in the line. If possible, please keep it intact :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
metacuong
My Device: Z10 LE | Waiting for DAC
My Carrier: Minimum

Hey, I have received the email from Melanie (Dev Rel) on last week :

"
Hi,

We are looking at getting started shipping next week. it will just depend how long it takes to get through the backlog.

Thanks,
Melanie
"

I hope they will begin shipping Z10 LE to APAC devs this week or ... next week ... or in the next 2 weeks ... or ... in the next n weeks :smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.