Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
tab4u
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Wtf, when APAC will recieve LE n dev C

They say backlog as if they have a million device pending!!!!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
meego_man
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

@tab4uJust out of curiosity, what other platforms you have been working with? You seem to be very confident that any other platform has far better support. How many devices Apple sent you, maybe Microsoft was so generous to send you couple of Lumias/HTC/etc. or was it Google who sent you Nexus 4 once you contacted them? 

I perfectly understand that one can get frustrated by delays, but you have to understand one simple thing: BlackBerry won't die if you stop developing for their platform, as no any other company will. It's not like you do a huge favor to BlackBerry or any other company by bringing your apps to their platform, unless you send hundreds of very popular and free apps (which I doubt you do). They provide you free tools, some of companies (Nokia, BlackBerry I know of) provide free testing devices, and they provide you with a place to sell your apps. So try to be at least a bit more respectful to the company who provides you with all these things. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

meego_man, you are right.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN
My Carrier: WIFI

@meego_man

You are right but you must remember APAC country most contribution to BB income.

Without APAC country (emerging market), BB already died. So, i think is not wrong if developer in APAC need more attention from BB.

Why we last received a LE and DAC device
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tab4u

@meego man.... Sorry to say but this same attitude had rim before.. We all know what happened next... See no one care for a device.. If they have a platform and all the api in place.. Even of they don't they make it sure developers don't get distracted or let off by any of the mechanisms...
Let me tell you one instace.. We badly need Duns no for our client in Bahrain... Upon mailing apple guys and tell them about the intensity of the project .. They provide our client enteprise licence without Duns no which eventually came after a week...
To clear more about the fart apps we made... There is a small list.. It's only 5 out of 60 apps we made till date for enteprise .. Get even one percent of that and then it will be better to speak and stand in parallel
iOS
Ndtv (India)
Hdfc bank net banking
Axis bank net banking
Kenya commercial bank
Enteprise App Store for iOS in Egovt Bahrain
Emeeting app for ministry of Bahrain
Election notification app for UAE ministry
Orange telecom (mobile money)
Some of them are developed for android and win 8 too.. And unfortunately bb10 also ...
If you have an iPhone or win 8 let me know . Will send I the link from our server... And I will be glad to ask you about your profile too... We are not in consumer apps... We built apps for enteprise ..
And hey ever heard of SmartSMS... AI built natural human speech recognition based SMS system??? We patented it and its In implementation and testing phase in 20 global banks...
Now am I eligible to talk about other platforms in enterprise segment or not?? Grow up boy .. This lame attitude and considering every one **bleep** male u go nowhere... Accept it.. U seems to be a Canadian ... If yes then ur word will be.. U r a troll... Tc
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tab4u

However I again says.. I am bashing bb not the platform... It's a fine platform with much scope for dev.. But it's difficult to support a platform which talks big and bias on regions .. Forgetting that its APAC only which is supporting them even when their home country started to think twice... Sorry to say but they need to work out a solution so that they will make sure they have a same run as before in APAC...
Please use plain text.
Developer
kongee
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Digi

tabish, check your inbox. dropped a pm to you :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Interesting because my stats shows that most income from app world come from Canada, US and UK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
fireball003
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: CMCC

Guys guys! Keep it down! Somebody (me) is trying to sleep here.Yes, you have heard me right! I am camping here until my LE arrives :smileywink:

Totally off the topic, have you seen how less active the programming related dev forums have become (i.e. cascades forum)? Shouldn't we focus more in monetizing and winning more customers than fighting (like children)? just a thought... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
meego_man
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

Wow, wow, wow... " Grow up boy ", "This lame attitude and considering every one **bleep** male u go nowhere", easy on turns baby. I wonder that you have any clients at all with such attitude.  

So, you work with banks and yet you're here whining about missing Z10 LE device and Dev Alpha C which was distributed so far to Canada and propably few in US.  Since when banks stopped paying to companies that develop apps for them? Does BlackBerry provide you with a mechanism to publish your apps? Does BlackBerry provide you with statistics of downloads/purchases for your apps? Do they provide you all needed instruments/documentation/samples? What do you complain about? If you have clients who request apps for BlackBerry 10 devices it's YOURs responsibility to purchase device and develop those apps, otherwise just leave it to those companies which can do it without extra whining (trust me, there will be lots of them, enterprise app creation is not a rocket science). 

"And hey ever heard of SmartSMS... AI built natural human speech recognition based SMS system??? We patented it and its In implementation and testing phase in 20 global banks.." ... hmmm, interesting. Here in Europe (yes, I'm in Europe and not in Canada) we have automated systems for any type of service for years already (with voice recognition I mean). What exactly did you patent and more importantly where? 

"Now am I eligible to talk about other platforms in enterprise segment or not??" of course you're. Does it makes any difference in what I've written in previous comment to you and above? Do you think just because you work for some enterprise clients makes you eligible to have any special treatment from BlackBerry? BlackBerry has nothing in return from you. It's you who earn money and banks/ministries who have needed apps.

My friendly suggestion to you would be, stop complaining and whining that you're important, because you're not. BlackBerry don't and should not care about you and your company as long as you don't populate their store with high-end titles and people buy BlackBerry devices (partially) because of them. Once you get to that level, you will have a different path and type of treatment from BlackBerry, until then just accept that you're just as all others. 

Please use plain text.