Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
tab4u
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

Re: Wtf, when APAC will recieve LE n dev C

@meeago man.. U seem like a stubborn fart app developer guy looking for importance... Stay away from blog if u can't contribute apart from saying bs...
Now u know wat.. Companies like us pay them for BES service... And if I am right then ppl in APAC contribute to their millions of bb.. When thr is no device to whom ppl will sell d apps???
Btw I don't like to talk to ppl who have this kind of approach in business... U are a fanboy more than a dev.
Rest I don't think You stand anywhere with whom I can talk much about the products.. After all bb is ur only bread and butter hope... Bbye and avoid this post if u don't like it... But this is the reality..
Developer
meego_man
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

@tdisplay, Well, for start, I don't think people in APAC buy BlackBerry devices because of their good will to support the company, they buy devices because they have BBM and BIS that saves them money. 

APAC developers have the same amount of attention from BlackBerry as any others. The fact that Canadian developers where among the first to receive LE and Dev Alpha C should be pretty clear to anyone. No, it's not because they are Canadians, it's because logistically BlackBerry have no problems to deliver those devices to them, no customs, no (sometimes crazy) importing laws, just send device by ordinary courier and you're done. Then devices came to US, also understandable, Canada and US have many agreements that simplify things a lot. Same applicable (at least to certain degree) to EMEA. Canada and EU have many trading agreements that simplify delivery of LE and Dev Alpha C to this region as well. When you start talk about APAC, that's totally different story. There are less trading agreements, more strict importing rules from Canada/US/EU, customs, etc. It takes longer to deliver you those devices, that's it. There is no conspiracy theory of anti-treatment  for APAC developers, it's just reality interfere :smileyhappy:

Developer
meego_man

[ Edited ]

@tab4u, once again I friendly invite you to not be rude, as your contribution so far was zero (well, except some entartaiment from your constant whining). 

"Companies like us pay them for BES service..." - and so? is it a donation to BlackBerry? or maybe your company require good service you're paying for? Don't like it, get Samsung or any other solution you find supperior. 

"And if I am right then ppl in APAC contribute to their millions of bb.." - again, not because of a good will, because they found those devices more appealing to them. Why don't you all buy iPhones and enjoy them?

"When thr is no device to whom ppl will sell d apps???" - this is an egg-chicken problem. And since you don't work in consumer area, it doen't concern you at all. 

"Btw I don't like to talk to ppl who have this kind of approach in business.." I woundn't make any business with you or your company ether :smileyhappy: 

"U are a fanboy more than a dev." - read the definition of the word you use, it will help you in your life :smileywink:

"Rest I don't think You stand anywhere with whom I can talk much about the products" - did I even asked you to talk to me about your products? Don't recall this, sorry

"After all bb is ur only bread and butter hope" - try to avoid making assumptions about people you know nothing about :smileywink:

In the end I hope you're only an ordinary developer in your company and don't talk to people much because it may hurt the company's business 

Contributor
tdisplay
My Device: NN

@meego_man

Who in the world buy one device because they want support manufacture (bb, apple, samsung, etc) ?

Are Canadian buy a BB device because they want support BB?

Please not make a joke in here.
Regular Contributor
tab4u
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

@maego man... It's a long debate on how bb is useful and the quality of service they provide.. Anyways I always wish companies grow and make their mark AGAIN...
Second one of a guy mailed me on my official mail I'd ask him what was my desig. Btw cut it out.. In short I just want to say... It's coz of APAC and other emerging markets from where bb seen light of the day.. We all know they are in a knife edge .. They must not do all these mistakes.. It looses d worth from a dev point of view..
Giving free device is a candy thrown so that ppl will start coming to the platform.. And it's coz of ppl who live in 2g world .. They think its bb who has a bigger hand.. Don't ever forget .. Consumers are the king and consumer don't want a smartphone which do not posses good apps from local market... Thank you
Try to call my company and ask for me tabish.. And his desig. You will get all of ur answer...
Developer
meego_man

@tdisplay, sorry didn't really understand your last post. As I said people buy devices that suit them in any way, like, make them more confident, cool (guess iPhone can be mentioned here) or simply  help them to solve their daily communication problems (BlackBerry?). 

Developer
meego_man

[ Edited ]

@tab4u, Indeed, long debate where I cannot really contribute as never used BlackBerry devices or services before.

I think you read too much tech blogs that already pronounced long time ago the time of death for BlackBerry. BlackBerry doesn't have any debt (as many other "successful"companies), they invested 2 years into developing a completely new platform (not even Apple does it with all their money)  and obviously letting many users to switch to other platforms because of lack of new devices that could compete in current market. Even of not having new devices for that period they did increase the number of BIS (?) subscribers. That's a hell of a trick to perform. And once again, BlackBerry do sell many devices in APAC region not because people willing to contribute to BlackBerry fortune and bank account, but because devices are cheap, deliver cheap data plan (as I understood, BIS?) that helps the youth being connected to their friends and families.  This is called a symbiosis in animal world, every party gets something from cooperation :smileyhappy:

Z10 LE was meant  for individual developers as a kind of recognition for their time and work. It's an incredible gesture from a company that's almost dead according to many tech blogs. 

You're right, consumers are the king! And if BlackBerry was able to sell close to 1m devices in one month in few countries (UK, Canada, South Africa few days before the end of Q1) means that device and the platform has huge potential. BlackBerry developer relations team is a great one, very social, reply in Facebook, Twitter, by e-mail. According to many BlackBerry developers who stays with platform for years saying that changes are visible and really noticeable. 

So according to my small experience with BlackBerry as a developer and consumer (have PlayBook and I love it and prefer over my iPad) I think they do a great job to attract developers to their BB10 platform (tools, samples, test devices and Z10 LE) and they also have done a good job with consumer device (Z10). 

EDIT:

"Try to call my company and ask for me tabish.. And his desig. You will get all of ur answer..."

I don't need to call your company to find out about you. According to LinkedIn you're Sales & Marketing Director at Grape Unicom Pvt. Ltd, so my wild guess would be you have no idea about development (then the question would be, what are you posting here about?) . The company itself was established  at the end of 2011, beginning 2012, so I was surprised that you have any patents (they take a long time to be approved, I know this from personal experience). 

According to your Facebook profile you like expensive (by Indian standards) things like iPhone 5, MacBook Air and even Microsoft Surface. According to your BGR comments you always try to defend Apple products. If any of your curent or future partners will decide to collect some info about few management people in your company you will loose many potential contracts.

Developer
nemory
My Device: BlackBerry RED Z10

Hello APAC Devs please join our BBM Group BB10 Devs: bb10devsgroup.png

Hope to see you there. :smileyhappy: