Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Z10 LE battery drain in 3-5 hours Help

Hi im using le from April 29th it was quite good battery backup it uses to last up to 24 hours to 30 hours.. from past 2 weeks it's just not giving any battery backup.. if I call it gives 1:30 hour talk time.. Max with out much call or Internet or game it gives hardly 3-5 hours what to do can i get battery replacement for this or I have to get my self new one
Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Z10 LE battery drain in 3-5 hours Help

Have you got WiFi, Bluetooth etc turned on

The most important NOT to use other than strictly when needed is HOTSPOT (kills the battery fast)

Under normal conditions mine lasts for several days but - especcially bluetooth and hotspot make heavey use of the battery

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tanmaytajs12
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Due to continous usage of Internet it may affect the battery as it makes heavy load on the battery and battery drains out faster than before.

Another possiblity is that you are over-charging your phone it can also cause damage to your phone battery.

like if you feel my post are helpful.

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman

What FW do you use?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hieupious
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Viettel

I have the same problem. My phone can only use in 4-5 hours and it becomes heat when I surf the Internet. I feel disappointed about z10 battery.

Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

i use to use the bb z10 for few hours earlier and then i used 3 Email id fb tweeter and linked in syc with hub initially battery gave back up upto 10-12 hours even after heavy use .. but after a month .. battery performance started decreased gradually and i removed all account and reduce my use of FB and syc only 1 email ac but still battery performance is not covers.... today it gives only 3.5-4.5 hours .... i did not Over recharged it nor did i frequently charged it ,,,,,,,,,,
Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hieupious

[ Edited ]

I did update to the latest OS 10.1.0237 but nothing change. Should I buy new z10 battery?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tanmaytajs12

Due to the over use of the internet the battery of your phone has degraded and as it is not functioning the same as it was before so you have an option of buying a new battery but again it should also be not over used with the Internet as the reliability of battery decreases gradually due to heavy use.

Do use internet but not heavily as the smartphones battery degrades due to over use and over heating of the battery and phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tanmaytajs12

Any update in the O.S cannot change the battery backup of any phone.

but you have an alternative of buying a new battery and do not over use such as heavy use of internet, as mentioned before use Internet but in a limited way to sustain your battery life of your phone.

Like if you feel the given information is helpful to you.

Thank You.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hieupious

Do you think what we use Z10 for without internet? Can't check email, social network connection or anything else. 

Please use plain text.