Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
DirkLuys
My Carrier: Mobistar

Z10 LE updates?

Hi,

The Limited Edition Z10 should be able to receive updates just like retail Z10s, right? My LE (STL100-1) doesn't have any OTA updates available, nor does it have updates in BB Link! I'm stuck at 10.0.9!

Is there a special procedure to get OS updates for the LE Z10 (I'm not talking about beta releases...) that I'm unaware ofor is there something wrongwith my device?

Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
pigling
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Z10 LE updates?

Yes, of course the LE will receive the update notification as normal ones.

In your case, are you sure your carrier has really released an official update for BB10? Not every carrier sells BB10 device, so the OS update depends on your carrier. It is the same case to update through BB Link.

So I suggest you push the leaked/beta release to your device manually in your case.

Please use plain text.
Developer
DirkLuys

I looked it up and surprisingly the Z10 is available in Belgium (I seriously didn't know that!), apparently, my carrier, Mobistar, was the first carrier to carry and update the Z10, I have no idea why my device doesn't get updates, maybe they aren't pushing to the LE? Is that possible?

I don't like manually pushing new OSes to my phone, let alone beta or leaked OSes!

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Maybe there is a difference between the STL100-1 and STL100-2? Because that was one of the reasons if I remember correctly they wanted to swap the devices (from STL100-1 to STL100-2). I don't know what type of the Z10 Mobistar has released, but my phone hasn't received any updates either (STL100-1 on Mobile Vikings).

I use my Dev Alpha C for the more unstable updates and testing purposes, and also prefer the stable versions on my LE. Although it would be nice to have the same version on both my LE and my DAC (or at least both 10.1).

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
DirkLuys

According to Wikipedia, Belgium retailers sell STL100-2, Belgian devs got STL100-1 :Censored: Hardware differences make the STL100-2 update different from the STL100-1 one, that's why I can't get the update Mobistar (and probably Mobile Vikings) is pushing (for STL100-2) on my STL100-1, and they won't be pushing an STL100-1 update since "nobody in Belgium has that"!

Please use plain text.
Developer
DirkLuys

The reason that Belgian devs got an STL100-1 was that LTE is only availablein the large cities here, but if every Belgian BB10 user has an STL100-2, shouldn't we have one to test our apps... :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

I'm UK and as we had the recent swap-out from STL-100 -> STL-200 now have one of those instead (like I'll ever use 4G...)

It is interesting to note that I was talking to a friend who also has an LE this evening

My device (Three UK) just updated to 2316 but was previously on 237

My friend is on a different network (Orange / Hutchinson) and got 2316 directly

It appears that the networks are rolling out the updates as they like (not as we like)

This causes concern - release in South Africa / India for example and it is POSSIBLE that you've got a 10.0.9.xxx device

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chaitras026
My Carrier: Airtel

try to download the autoloader from blackberry site, and update ur z10 it defianlty works :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
DirkLuys

What autoloader do you mean, I can't seem to find it...

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I think chaitras026 was talking about: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html
Although these are also still versions of BB10 that are only for testing purposes, so no real full OS; as mentioned in the last paragraph on that site.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.