Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
witmen
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: limited edition spec

They are making 12,000 of the Limited Edition devices. Making them more common than the Dev Alpha A.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

witmen wrote:

They are making 12,000 of the Limited Edition devices. Making them more common than the Dev Alpha A.

Where is that number sourced?

Still more than the general release product!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

BTW the thread you refer to says: "Why do you want to trade up your Dev Alpha? Its going to be  more limited than the limited edition trade up"  They talking about whether to keep a dev alpha or trade it in for the limited edition.  He says it would be stupid to keep the dev alpha because "Its going to be  more limited than..."  Later it says that they will be bricked (the dev alpha).  There's no mention of the traded / new phone received being limited in any way.

:No:

Found this article on the 12000 figure.  Not sure how accurate it is though:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/07/09/rim-will-reportedly-produce-12000-blackberry-developer-edition-dev...

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Developer
dtater
My Device: 9700 | 9900 | PlayBook | Dev Alpha

Hehe.  I'd wager that the developer device will be the same as the initial devices (the Z10 and all that) only it'll be distinguished by some external marking(s).  This is the same as what Google / asus did with the nexus7 tablet.  The only difference between a developer n7 and the one n7 you get a your closest BigBox is that the developer edition has a white backing.

Still, I do like 'free' devices :smileyhappy:.  It's a reminder of the hard work spent and im super excited for the 30th!

- - - - - - - - - -
Developer
witmen
My Device: Bold 9650

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

witmen wrote:

Where is that number sourced?

Still more than the general release product!

From Alec Saunders mouth to my ears. He said 12,000. I'm sure he would know. Everyday I keep hoping for a leak of this device. RIM has done a very good job of keeping it hidden.      

Developer
BryceMcMurter
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Hey Guys, 

the 12000 number comes directly from the terms and conditions of the limited edition trade in program:

"2.7 There are a total of 12,000 Devices available for distribution under this Offer and they will be distributed while supplies last on a first come first served basis"

Bryce

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

witmen wrote:

From Alec Saunders mouth to my ears. He said 12,000. I'm sure he would know. Everyday I keep hoping for a leak of this device. RIM has done a very good job of keeping it hidden.      

Thanks. I wasn't doubting you, just curious of a source. Yes, I agree that Alex would know of which he speaks.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code